WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting back to ISV issues... I'm looking for assistance. Specifically, I'd like information on how the various ISVs (particularly interested in Golf Genius, which our club are leaning towards as a replacement for ClubV1 as it links with BRS) deal with the following irritations with respect to the rules:
Do you use V1 for its other club management facilities? I believe GG has no other functions than Tournament (ie competition) management.
Incidentally V1 is introducing its own integrated booking system shortly. We are in the middle of testing it.

wjemather

Visit site
Do you use V1 for its other club management facilities? I believe GG has no other functions than Tournament (ie competition) management.
Incidentally V1 is introducing its own integrated booking system shortly. We are in the middle of testing it.
The intention would be to use migrate membership management to BRS, which we currently use for bookings, and comps to GG. From a comps and handicaps point of view, I'd just like a system that actually facilitates the rules properly, which ClubV1 doesn't (and CSI seem to have no interest in fixing it or simply do not understand the issues).
Apparently, comments from other club managers who've been using ClubV1 for booking were not very positive (although the system is obviously still undergoing heavy development), so the club are not keen to go down that route.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The intention would be to use migrate membership management to BRS, which we currently use for bookings, and comps to GG. From a comps and handicaps point of view, I'd just like a system that actually facilitates the rules properly, which ClubV1 doesn't (and CSI seem to have no interest in fixing it or simply do not understand the issues).
Apparently, comments from other club managers who've been using ClubV1 for booking were not very positive (although the system is obviously still undergoing heavy development), so the club are not keen to go down that route.
Out assistant manager reckons it's looking good so far.
Does BRS do Club Management (bar, catering, accounts, Open entry payments)?

IanMcC

Visit site
We have the Ultimate ClubV1 package, which includes its own integrated booking system. Has done since January at least, when we changed to it.

wjemather

Visit site
Out assistant manager reckons it's looking good so far.
Does BRS do Club Management (bar, catering, accounts, Open entry payments)?
Yes; opens are in the booking module, and I believe the rest are in the point-of-sale module. However, I don't think we have any plans in this regard due to pro shop, bar & catering being independent from the club.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Onboarding foreign member.

We have a new member who has joined us as an away member from his club in Kenya. They use HDID as do we and he hoped that having a full playing record on this system he should be able link to our version of Club V1 (yes I know)!

I generated an EG record as his 12 digit id couldn't be recognised by Club V1. I then generated a V1 record.

Advice from Club Systems was followed to link the 2 and failed totally to work.

I was then told to load his playing record from Kenya into the EG platform. The 21 records went back over 6 months but the EG won't allow you to use dates older than a couple of weeks. So all records loaded with the same date. At lease this generated a HI (although slightly different to the one in Kenya). Member told to generate a new HDID account using a different email address - worked OK.

So we are now in a position where he can add scores but unfortunately I will have to go into the EG system after every round to delete the oldest score from his Kenya based system to ensure the latest 20 are used to calculate his new HI.

He has now told me he intends to play in Spain when he visits!

So in conclusion on-boarding a non-EG member was a pain and will continue to be so until he has filled his playing record. This isn't a unique circumstance and frankly the lack of co-existence is pathetic.

Sorry - rant over.

wjemather

Visit site
Onboarding foreign member.

We have a new member who has joined us as an away member from his club in Kenya. They use HDID as do we and he hoped that having a full playing record on this system he should be able link to our version of Club V1 (yes I know)!

I generated an EG record as his 12 digit id couldn't be recognised by Club V1. I then generated a V1 record.

Advice from Club Systems was followed to link the 2 and failed totally to work.

I was then told to load his playing record from Kenya into the EG platform. The 21 records went back over 6 months but the EG won't allow you to use dates older than a couple of weeks. So all records loaded with the same date. At lease this generated a HI (although slightly different to the one in Kenya). Member told to generate a new HDID account using a different email address - worked OK.

So we are now in a position where he can add scores but unfortunately I will have to go into the EG system after every round to delete the oldest score from his Kenya based system to ensure the latest 20 are used to calculate his new HI.

He has now told me he intends to play in Spain when he visits!

So in conclusion on-boarding a non-EG member was a pain and will continue to be so until he has filled his playing record. This isn't a unique circumstance and frankly the lack of co-existence is pathetic.

Sorry - rant over.
I've recreated handicap records on the EG WHS Platform for several members who have joined from/spend time in other countries (including the US, Cyprus and Scotland), using scores going back to 2018, without any problem in selecting the correct date.

The only really unintuitive part of the process was the entering of the course ratings of the necessary tee sets for the corresponding date when the tee set already exists on the system but not for the date required.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've recreated handicap records on the EG WHS Platform for several members who have joined from/spend time in other countries (including the US, Cyprus and Scotland), using scores going back to 2018, without any problem in selecting the correct date.

The only really unintuitive part of the process was the entering of the course ratings of the necessary tee sets for the corresponding date when the tee set already exists on the system but not for the date required.
That was what tripped me up - how do you get round this with such a broad spread of dates?

wjemather

Visit site
That was what tripped me up - how do you get round this with such a broad spread of dates?
I found that once you've entered the ratings for the earliest date, they're retained on the system for the later dates (editable if necessary). Sorry, I can't remember the precise order everything needed to be done in to set the ratings up initially, but it did seem like a bit of a fiddle.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I am correct in my belief that, when calculating Course Handicap in Scotland you take into account the difference between course rating and par aren't I?

So why does the Scottish Golf Course Handicap Calculator not seem to take this into account...the calculations below seem to be purely based on Slope/113

WHS Course Lookup | Scottish Golf

Capture.JPG

wjemather

Visit site
I am correct in my belief that, when calculating Course Handicap in Scotland you take into account the difference between course rating and par aren't I?

So why does the Scottish Golf Course Handicap Calculator not seem to take this into account...the calculations below seem to be purely based on Slope/113
The CH calculation is the same across GB&I, i.e. without CR-Par.

The only difference in Scotland is that the unrounded CH is used in the Playing Handicap calculations.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

WHS Course Lookup | Scottish Golf

View attachment 43152
No, just that we take the *exact* course handicap when calculating the playing handicap.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We only use V1 for membership management & competitions. Our booking is via a separate system (bespoke) and we don't use it for bar management, etc. Like several of you I am increasingly frustrated with CSI's inability to do the basics well (we have several faults outstanding with no fix promised). Is Golf Genius or Handicap Master a realistic alternative to Club V1 and what is the replacement cost?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We only use V1 for membership management & competitions. Our booking is via a separate system (bespoke) and we don't use it for bar management, etc. Like several of you I am increasingly frustrated with CSI's inability to do the basics well (we have several faults outstanding with no fix promised). Is Golf Genius or Handicap Master a realistic alternative to Club V1 and what is the replacement cost?

I would recommend Handicapmaster very highly. We have been using it for over 20 years and their support is top class and immediate. We paid £370 for the last year up to date. I have also been involved with V1 - we have 2 clubs here and the other one uses V1 - and I would say that Handicapmaster is superior.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certainly HM has a far superior support facility.

Golfie

Visit site
On a different matter my WHI has changed this week without a card being submitted nd I know of another member that it has happened to. Has anyone any ideas please?

Golfie

Visit site
I am the ladies handicap secretary at my club and several handicaps have changed mine included and I haven’t played. I was wondering if any other clubs were encountering problems. Perhaps a software update at EG has affected rounding calculations.

wjemather

Visit site
I am the ladies handicap secretary at my club and several handicaps have changed mine included and I haven’t played. I was wondering if any other clubs were encountering problems. Perhaps a software update at EG has affected rounding calculations.
Probably should have led with that. ;)

Ok, so I've had a quick look and can see a few of our members HIs have come down slightly (ISV and WHS currently disagree). If I were to guess, I'd say the calculation for 9-hole differentials has been changed.