WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Please refer to the following section in the WHS User Guide:

New Members: Adding a Member (change of home club/adding a participant to the club membership list)

The User Guide can be downloaded from THIS LINK

Follow the process to add 'New Member' entering the Welsh/Irish CDH id in the 'Previous Membership' field, and selecting the relevant country from the pop-up menu country drop down (as shown below):

The existing member will appear in the search results and you can continue to add the member ensuring you enter their email address and date of birth in the relevant fields.

Once you click ‘Submit’ an English CDH id will be generated for the member to use in England which will be linked to their Welsh/Irish CDH ID they’ll continue to use in Wales/Ireland.

wjemather

Some time ago there was a release either from the R&A or CONGU stating that a golf union could accept Playing Handicap or Handicap Index on the scorecard, rather than insisting on Course Handicap. I know it was posted on here somewhere, but I cant find it now either here or online. Could someone provide a link, please? Thanks in advance.
It's in the interpretations and clarifications of the rules of golf (3.3b(4)/1 and 3.3b(4)/C1); it allows national associations to diverge from the interpretation of Course Handicap.
CONGU reaffirm Course Handicap as the requirement in GB&I.

A question for Club V1 / HDID users.

We are having problems when entering GP rounds via the PSI terminals in our clubhouse. The problem occurs when entering a score incorrectly and then trying to edit it. If the player does this the score is corrupted and will not be sent to the WHS system and just sits there in error. If you try to edit it from admin you see 27 or 36 holes rather than 18 and can't delete any of them to make it acceptable to WHS. The only option is to delete the round and re-enter from admin which is a pain.

This doesn't occur for competitions, only GP. I have reported this several times to Club Systems but their second line support say they can't find a fault even thought I have left errant entries on the system.

Has anyone else seen this?
This still isn't working despite CS acknowledging the problem. 3 more instances today. Really frustrating that a hard error is taking so long to fix!

Sorry rant over - breath.

Another CV1 flaw. We have a Texas Scramble Open coming up soon. It is oversubscribed, and we wanted to add a few more teeslots. We already had about 12 holes with 2 groups on, but wanted to add a few more.
After trying unsuccessfully to do this, a phone call to Club Systems revealed that the only way to add more slots is to completely remove ALL players from the start sheet, then add the new slots, then re-populate the start sheet.
I had to do that, making note of who had paid and who hadn't.

How dopey is that!!!

wjemather

Another CV1 flaw. We have a Texas Scramble Open coming up soon. It is oversubscribed, and we wanted to add a few more teeslots. We already had about 12 holes with 2 groups on, but wanted to add a few more.
After trying unsuccessfully to do this, a phone call to Club Systems revealed that the only way to add more slots is to completely remove ALL players from the start sheet, then add the new slots, then re-populate the start sheet.
I had to do that, making note of who had paid and who hadn't.

How dopey is that!!!
Yes, not being able to reconfigure populated competition start sheets in even a minor way that doesn't affect existing bookings is a particular annoyance.