Amount of cards required for comps

Baz The Wordsmith

Visit site
OK but it usually isn't in the few I've played in. However my main query was why general play cards should be automatically regarded as inferior to competition scores because you can cheat and sandbag in either (in fact with my social golf mates, it would be harder because they know my general level).

If you said you should not play in those team events unless you have 3 or 6 (or more) cards submitted of whatever type in the previous 6 or 12 months, I'd see your point. In fact I think the ones I've played in have required a minimum number of cards (any type) or you don't get any prizes of any type. See also my comment above about club matches (which I do sometimes play in), although we have partly fixed this by making pairs have roughly the same handicaps.
Well I suppose you cant get cut by observation when out with your mates and there might be mulligans and gimmes and the rules may not be adhered to. Some people perform differently under competition conditions. ( I generally perform better) It just makes it easier to get a picture of the persons ability in competition conditions off medal tees. Thats my take. Some maybe dont agree but the majority are in favour of clamping down on manipulation. I understand the essence of your point but dont agree with it.

Baz The Wordsmith

Visit site
And? Does that mean folk cheat because gear is expensive?🤣🤣

Usually they get pro shop vouchers. I wonder how much swag ends up on Ebay?
No people like myself dont cheat and win a decent amount with an honest handicap. Usually a few hundred a year. Gear is expensive. I wouldnt ever pay the prices for top quality gear if I didnt have money in the book. I bought a Qi10 5 wood for 295 which was book money which i would never pay cash for. Also vouchers can be used for M an S for Holidays or against your subs.
I also won 3.5k for a hole in one which was helpful. I can easily show my handicap is honest as i play 50 comps a year and I am very consistent.
There are people who have been known to cheat either by manipulating handicaps or fiddling scores and hoovering up thousands worth of vouchers.
There are also people who avoid submitting cards and there handicap is inaccurate as a result.
For many years I have used winnings to help buy gear.
When I was a Salmon Fisherman I did the same😂 We cant all afford thousands on gear unless like me you win as much as an average tour player🤷‍♂️

D-S

Visit site
No people like myself dont cheat and win a decent amount with an honest handicap. Usually a few hundred a year. Gear is expensive. I wouldnt ever pay the prices for top quality gear if I didnt have money in the book. I bought a Qi10 5 wood for 295 which was book money which i would never pay cash for. Also vouchers can be used for M an S for Holidays or against your subs.
I also won 3.5k for a hole in one which was helpful. I can easily show my handicap is honest as i play 50 comps a year and I am very consistent.
There are people who have been known to cheat either by manipulating handicaps or fiddling scores and hoovering up thousands worth of vouchers.
There are also people who avoid submitting cards and there handicap is inaccurate as a result.
For many years I have used winnings to help buy gear.
When I was a Salmon Fisherman I did the same😂 We cant all afford thousands on gear unless like me you win as much as an average tour player🤷‍♂️
50 comps a year you need to win a couple of hundred just to get your money back.