WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem uploading Date of Birth and Email Addresses to WHS Platform (England and Wales)
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 pm

It has come to our attention that a change was made by DotGolf to the England Golf/Wales Golf WHS Platform last night that disrupts HandicapMaster accessing club membership lists from the WHS server.

We were not advised that DotGolf were planning these late changes to the WHS system and were therefore unable to pre-plan for this with our software release last week.

We are sorry that their WHS system change has rendered the facility in HandicapMaster mostly inoperable.

We have reported the problem to DotGolf (and England Golf and Wales Golf) and are awaiting a response.

HandicapMaster Ltd.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem uploading Date of Birth and Email Addresses to WHS Platform (England and Wales)
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 pm

It has come to our attention that a change was made by DotGolf to the England Golf/Wales Golf WHS Platform last night that disrupts HandicapMaster accessing club membership lists from the WHS server.

We were not advised that DotGolf were planning these late changes to the WHS system and were therefore unable to pre-plan for this with our software release last week.

We are sorry that their WHS system change has rendered the facility in HandicapMaster mostly inoperable.

We have reported the problem to DotGolf (and England Golf and Wales Golf) and are awaiting a response.

HandicapMaster Ltd.

Is it just Handicap Master affected as V1 seems ok, although I am having members trying to register but it failing on the verification number stage.

Swango1980

Visit site
On V1 ,talked to our HS and appears ours have been sent but no members have received emails yet
Will members receive e-mails directly from England Golf? After receiving the e-mail from England Golf today (as I'm a Handicap Sec), I was under the impression it was up to me to inform all members, but only after their e-mail addresses and DOB were in the WHS Portal. They stated: "Please ensure that members' email addresses and dates of birth have been uploaded to the WHS Golf Club Platform BEFORE directing golfers to the My England Golf service."

Club V1 said they'd send this personal data to WHS later this week, after we sent a request today. So, I'm awaiting this to happen, then I'll send out the e-mail. I've had several golfers chasing me today asking about it, although many were anticipating they'd get access from Monday 19th October. Thankfully, about 80 of them are on a club whatsapp group, so was able to send a msg to that to keep them quickly informed.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Using Handicapmaster.

I moved heaven and earth 3 weeks ago to feed DOBs and email addresses into the system I assumed these were transmitted to the WHS Portal as my members started receiving emails today, so, with the Handicapmaster email I received today, I really don't know where we stand.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, I've finally come across a player who has been effected by the Hard Cap, after he couldn't work out why his initial Index was so low. Probably worth mentioning, in case you come across a member who is asking the same question. My initial instinct was to check his score differentials and confirm that all was OK, until it appeared odd that it looked like his handicap should be higher. Only then did the Low Index Value spring to my attention, and then I realised this chap had submitted loads of cards since lockdown, but his scoring in 2019 was better.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will members receive e-mails directly from England Golf? After receiving the e-mail from England Golf today (as I'm a Handicap Sec), I was under the impression it was up to me to inform all members, but only after their e-mail addresses and DOB were in the WHS Portal. They stated: "Please ensure that members' email addresses and dates of birth have been uploaded to the WHS Golf Club Platform BEFORE directing golfers to the My England Golf service."

Club V1 said they'd send this personal data to WHS later this week, after we sent a request today. So, I'm awaiting this to happen, then I'll send out the e-mail. I've had several golfers chasing me today asking about it, although many were anticipating they'd get access from Monday 19th October. Thankfully, about 80 of them are on a club whatsapp group, so was able to send a msg to that to keep them quickly informed.
Was with our HS and he showed me the WHS portal.still no sign of emails or DOB's , we're Club V1

Swango1980

Visit site
Was with our HS and he showed me the WHS portal.still no sign of emails or DOB's , we're Club V1
Has your club authorised the guys from ClubV1 to send this data to WHS? They will not do so unless instructed by the club. We asked yesterday, so hoping it will be done shortly (but not done yet). I manually types this data in for Committee members, so they could get an initial feel for the WHS Portal before all other members get access. Thankfully, it worked for them when registering.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Handicapmaster has now resolved the issue with WHS, updated their software, and the DOBs and email addresses of my members are now on the WHS Portal.
Re: Problem uploading Date of Birth and Email Addresses to WHS Platform (England and Wales)
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:14 pm

We have released a program update (9.3.47) that changes HandicapMaster's facility for England and Wales clubs to publish Date of Birth and E-mail addresses of their members to their National Union's WHS Servers.

The change brings HandicapMaster in line with the change unexpectedly made by the Golf Unions to their WHS server yesterday, enabling this facility to be operational again.

HandicapMaster Ltd.