Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 23270

I've found the answer to the Tiger hysteria. The 'Off' button on the remote control. It bores me to tears.

D

Deleted member 15344

I've found the answer to the Tiger hysteria. The 'Off' button on the remote control. It bores me to tears.

Would be great if there was a button that could turn off just the Woods Hype and Hysteria and just showed all the other golf and normal commentary

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thought it was fantastic viewing and good to see Woods back to good form and seemingly fully fit and healthy. Viewing figures improved significantly and like or loathe the media frenzy, his return is creating interest in golf. It's like a decade or so ago when he was the best player on the planet and I think was responsible for getting a lot of people interested in golf and trying it. That has to be good for the game if his return does something similar and youngsters in particular see him doing well and want to give it a go.

I have to be honest and say his surprised me at how well he's done and so quickly to be within touching distance of winning and had a few putts gone mid-round could have nicked it. Personally I'd love to see this form continue and come the back nine at Augusta on Sunday, see Woods in the mix and battling for another green jacket.

For those on here moaning about the media coverage and the biased commentary, the answer is simple surely. If you know it's going to annoy you, why bother watching in the first place and if you do watch, turn the volume down so the comments don't annoy. Woods is back. This is only going to get bigger as the weeks progress

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There was a page set up on here in regards the tournament. Considering so many don’t like the coverage of attention woods gets and wanted to see more of everyone else. I’d have thought it would be buzzing with pages of conversation.......

Visit site
This is my first post on this forum, (very enjoyable to read I should add). The reason I am posting is because it involves one of my favourite golfers, namely Tiger. Perhaps he was one of the reasons I took up this maddening game in the first place.
You all must admit that he changed the game for ever. He IS the most amazing competitor, and I absolutely LOVE watching him play. Compared to Rory, I find Tiger's demeanour more favourable. Along with Ricky Fowler, Phil Mickelson, and probably Paul Casey, (and I'm not just saying that because he won), Tiger is someone I set time aside to watch.
I will just about accept that the TV commentators are going overboard about Tiger just now, but over the months I've been following this Forum, I have read many negative posts about him. Any of you eating your words right now? No doubt about it, Tiger's comeback is in journalistic terms BIG news. I am SO delighted that he is showing everyone just how good he was, and I for one would be uber excited if on the Sunday of the Masters, it was he battling against Phil, Paul and Ricky.
Don't get me wrong, I honestly think that all the (say) top 100 are truly awesome golfers, but some are Box Office, and some are not.
In almost every sport, you find some just have "it", some have not.
I only watched Tiger live twice, at Hoylake and at Lytham. On both occasions, particularly Hoylake, it was the most amazing sight, seeing the buzz around him. A genuine aura surrounded him.
I really hope that this is the beginning of something special.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s absolutely fantastic. People that aren’t enjoying it clearly don’t realise how good this guy was the first time around. And it looks like he may actually be making a proper comeback. His game looks great.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is my first post on this forum, (very enjoyable to read I should add). The reason I am posting is because it involves one of my favourite golfers, namely Tiger. Perhaps he was one of the reasons I took up this maddening game in the first place.
You all must admit that he changed the game for ever. He IS the most amazing competitor, and I absolutely LOVE watching him play. Compared to Rory, I find Tiger's demeanour more favourable. Along with Ricky Fowler, Phil Mickelson, and probably Paul Casey, (and I'm not just saying that because he won), Tiger is someone I set time aside to watch.
I will just about accept that the TV commentators are going overboard about Tiger just now, but over the months I've been following this Forum, I have read many negative posts about him. Any of you eating your words right now? No doubt about it, Tiger's comeback is in journalistic terms BIG news. I am SO delighted that he is showing everyone just how good he was, and I for one would be uber excited if on the Sunday of the Masters, it was he battling against Phil, Paul and Ricky.
Don't get me wrong, I honestly think that all the (say) top 100 are truly awesome golfers, but some are Box Office, and some are not.
In almost every sport, you find some just have "it", some have not.
I only watched Tiger live twice, at Hoylake and at Lytham. On both occasions, particularly Hoylake, it was the most amazing sight, seeing the buzz around him. A genuine aura surrounded him.
I really hope that this is the beginning of something special.

Welcome along. Fantastic opening post. I don't think you're alone in taking up the game because of the "Tiger effect". I also think if this return continues in the same vein and the hype and press interest continues, they'll be a few more taking up the game as a result. If he can get in contention in the majors and go head to head again with the very best in the world I think the effect will be great on the game

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger's not swinging at 129mph. A known Trackman issue where it gives incorrect reads on the new TM drivers apparently, something to do with the shape. His SS went up 8mph from Friday but ball speed and distance remained the same. Dud numbers.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger's not swinging at 129mph. A known Trackman issue where it gives incorrect reads on the new TM drivers apparently, something to do with the shape. His SS went up 8mph from Friday but ball speed and distance remained the same. Dud numbers.

Thats why Foresight GC2 & Quad are so much better. We have to spray my driver with foot powder on he head to get Trackman to read it

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Really good to see he appears not just over his injuries but able to be competitive, long may it continue

The media hype will undoubtedly annoy folks who aren’t fans of his and that’s understandable (no diff to fans of footie teams the world over that don’t get the coverage of the big boys or any other sport) and we are talking about the US media too, so it’s all going to be kicked up a notch or 8 on the silliness scale

I’m sure it’ll calm down a tad the longer he stays fit and hopefully the on course fans calm down a bit too because shouting/cheering on his downswing seemed like the norm on Sunday, and if/when he can get a win it’ll spike to lunacy levels
(but in our golfing world his ‘journey back’ is a huge huge (positive?) story that can transcend to fans of other sports and not much in golf can do that)

Some might benefit from a single minded media as the Masters hypes up with a little scrutiny lifted off Rory’s shoulders which won’t do him any harm while others might miss out a bit with Sergio not getting quite the recognition the current champion might otherwise get

Overall though I don’t think Tiger’s game benefits in any way from this level of acute media/fan attention so I suppose he’s the real one losing out

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Ok, I'll accept that
So why doesn't the PGA and all the other media outlets know about it?
Because they were all over it, headline news, fastest swings of the week......
Doesn't anyone else use the TM drivers?
Wouldn't they have got similar readings?

Just another example of the hype going hyperspace because it's Tiger...

He is not the Messiah!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All living things have a sudden surge of energy towards the end, then they simply keel over 😜

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, I'll accept that
So why doesn't the PGA and all the other media outlets know about it?
Because they were all over it, headline news, fastest swings of the week......
Doesn't anyone else use the TM drivers?
Wouldn't they have got similar readings?

Just another example of the hype going hyperspace because it's Tiger...

He is not the Messiah!

No, but he IS a very naughty boy.