Ethical and legal stand point at golf club ruling

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Had it myself sadly way back in 1991 won captains day at Hinckley. But it was a set rule No juniors could win board comps whatever the handicap.

Hope you get a welcome outcome, who wants to win knowing they really haven't.

Severof

Visit site
A final update. Today I cancelled our memberships at the Club in question and received a short regrettable email response from the Club. Although the Club's initial response 3 weeks ago was fair, it's still been a difficult pill to swallow and as a result we've only had a game or 2 there this past few weeks. My son has been flat out at his new Club and today is his 6th day on the trot playing 18+ holes, including Club and County Comps. His hcap has dropped from 12 to 9.5. I think he's only had 2 days off of his golf since breaking up from School 3 weeks ago. Today he is out in a 4 ball with 3 other long standing Juniors at his new Club, one being the Junior Club Captain. I dropped him off at 9am and he probably wont call to be collected before 5.

New Club have been fantastic to us both and the thriving Junior set up and team so encouraging towards him. All have made us so welcome, I also put in an application to join today but fear my games with him will soon be few and far between , so will be back to the old duffers again😞. The new member discounted price of £4.20 a pint will certainly help numb the pain.

Looking back, not sure what I was thinking being at the old place. Live and learn and everything happens for a reason I suppose.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A final update. Today I cancelled our memberships at the Club in question and received a short regrettable email response from the Club. Although the Club's initial response 3 weeks ago was fair, it's still been a difficult pill to swallow and as a result we've only had a game or 2 there this past few weeks. My son has been flat out at his new Club and today is his 6th day on the trot playing 18+ holes, including Club and County Comps. His hcap has dropped from 12 to 9.5. I think he's only had 2 days off of his golf since breaking up from School 3 weeks ago. Today he is out in a 4 ball with 3 other long standing Juniors at his new Club, one being the Junior Club Captain. I dropped him off at 9am and he probably wont call to be collected before 5.

New Club have been fantastic to us both and the thriving Junior set up and team so encouraging towards him. All have made us so welcome, I also put in an application to join today but fear my games with him will soon be few and far between , so will be back to the old duffers again😞. The new member discounted price of £4.20 a pint will certainly help numb the pain.

Looking back, not sure what I was thinking being at the old place. Live and learn and everything happens for a reason I suppose.
Sounds like a win for both of you. I remember those days as a junior in the summer holidays (just) and often played nigh on 54 holes per day, carrying our clubs. That or we'd do a morning round, spend hours on the putting green or chipping and then back out.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Well…in life a lot of stuff happens for no reason whatsoever, often totally randomly…the important thing being to try to make the best out of the bad or difficult stuff that happens - so create reason, and as in your case here that is not always easy…but what you create out of the bad is more often than not much better, often really good 👍

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Equality Act doesn't apply in this instance I'm afraid. Age categories and even gender categories aren't considered discrimination.

Entering a competition is valid contract though, and so contract law applies.

A party is not allowed to unilaterally alter any conditions of a contract. There are some exceptions, maybe look through the Ts&Cs again and see if it mentions anything about changing conditions