Busted. A Cheat Caught

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah, a new golfer who didn't know any better. Was just told that's what everyone does.
And it was him I felt so sorry for. This guy duped him and he was made to look as bad. Fortunately the club saw the bigger picture and his golfing pals from the roll up group stood up for him. The GM and handicap secretary had a word and explained why what he did was wrong but understood he did it with best intent, not duplicitly with the cheat.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was a non story apparently, there’s a surprise 🤣
Apparently 'because he is not that kind of guy'. That's enough then, investigation over 😂 . It was on the JV show yesterday. The guy concerned is well known in the conker world, been trying to win the title for 40+ years. But he didn't use the metal conker in his pocket because he is an upstanding chap.......

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently 'because he is not that kind of guy'. That's enough then, investigation over 😂 . It was on the JV show yesterday. The guy concerned is well known in the conker world, been trying to win the title for 40+ years. But he didn't use the metal conker in his pocket because he is an upstanding chap.......

🤣
They had a competitor on the radio yesterday morning, according to him you have to randomly select a conker to use in the competition and there’s no way you’d be able to swap it out for a replacement without being noticed, also the sound of the metal conker would be completely different.
Can’t believe I’m discussing a conkers tournament in depth 🤦🏻🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
🤣
They had a competitor on the radio yesterday morning, according to him you have to randomly select a conker to use in the competition and there’s no way you’d be able to swap it out for a replacement without being noticed, also the sound of the metal conker would be completely different.
It's serious stuff........or maybe not 😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And it was him I felt so sorry for. This guy duped him and he was made to look as bad. Fortunately the club saw the bigger picture and his golfing pals from the roll up group stood up for him. The GM and handicap secretary had a word and explained why what he did was wrong but understood he did it with best intent, not duplicitly with the cheat.
Even more baffling the club hasn’t sanctioned him more.
What has that taught a new golfer ?

I think people who do this sort of cheating need severe sanctions.
Just read the WHS thread this is one of the main complaints.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
🤣
It’s raining.😳😳
That’s when we discuss this sort of thing .😂😂😂

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Re the 2nd case, I thought the purpose of the PSI terminal was just to speed up visibility of players’ (not yet verified) scores?

I’m sure at our place, a scorecard has to be submitted also, all of which are checked and the result ‘altered’ if necessary?

This is comps. I don’t know if PSI is used for GP also as I’ve not submitted one. But if it is I assumed the same scorecard backup would be required, enforcing the requirement of an attester?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Even more baffling the club hasn’t sanctioned him more.
What has that taught a new golfer ?

I think people who do this sort of cheating need severe sanctions.
Just read the WHS thread this is one of the main complaints.
Hypothetically the club kicked said Cheat out of the club. Who would have had a problem with that. Me finks no one.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Re the 2nd case, I thought the purpose of the PSI terminal was just to speed up visibility of players’ (not yet verified) scores?

I’m sure at our place, a scorecard has to be submitted also, all of which are checked and the result ‘altered’ if necessary?

This is comps. I don’t know if PSI is used for GP also as I’ve not submitted one. But if it is I assumed the same scorecard backup would be required, enforcing the requirement of an attester?

Honestly they've never clarified it or directly asked us for physical scorecards.

Fact of the matter is most people use the app, id say 90% of the club do.

The 10% that don't are elderly and non-tech users.

The roll ups make you use the PSI to register your round (easy to say you have on your phone and then not actually do it) - but its not set up as a comp on the PSI, just GP rounds.

There is some fault in the set up - absolutely - but our former Comp Sec would fully know what he's doing taking the actions he did. He's been found out, caught, called out on it and now he's left the club.

Silly man! Good luck to the clubs around Tewkesbury... hes coming your way! :ROFLMAO: