Great to see Tiger Woods back

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Had a few wobbly back 9a so far and it’ll be interesting to hear him talk about his fitness after the event be he looks more solid this time. It’ll be tough but would love to see him win a few more.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Agree great to see him back,and I wish him great success,

but the problem is that when he starts in a decent tournament or a major, the whole media circus is focused on him and him alone even if he is in 60th place, to the detriment of other players who are in contention

But it’s Tiger 🙄

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Agree great to see him back,and I wish him great success,

but the problem is that when he starts in a decent tournament or a major, the whole media circus is focused on him and him alone even if he is in 60th place, to the detriment of other players who are in contention

But it’s Tiger 🙄
Yes but if I was someone like Hovland who is a semi rookie I’d want to experience being around all that before it’s gone.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes but if I was someone like Hovland who is a semi rookie I’d want to experience being around all that before it’s gone.
I tuned in for a bit yesterday, didn't really want to watch the guy in 3rd from last place. I wanted to see the business end of the tournament.
You are looking at it from 2 opposing sides

The pro side and the viewing public side.

Ok some pros get to play with him and can tell that to their grand children, but, in my opinion, the majority of the viewers want to see the players at the sharp end, if Tiger is up there, then great, fill yer boots, but focusing solely on him when not in contention is lazy broadcasting.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
You are looking at it from 2 opposing sides

The pro side and the viewing public side.

Ok some pros get to play with him and can tell that to their grand children, but, in my opinion, the majority of the viewers want to see the players at the sharp end, if Tiger is up there, then great, fill yer boots, but focusing solely on him when not in contention is lazy broadcasting.
But I never mentioned having tiger back was good for the cameramen 😂

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've walked a few times with Tiger and he just hit the ball with a sound that I never heard from most pro's. I remember being at the Grove and he hit a driver up and over a hill and I can still remember the sound of that shot being struck mmmmmmmm. It'd be great to see him again.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
He's sweating like Jay Monahan on a flight to Riyhad. He's clearly bulked up but not sure he's looking healthy - I hope I'm wrong - but I always feel like Tiger is being pushed by the clamor from the fans to see him playing.

C7usk

Visit site
I tuned in for a bit yesterday, didn't really want to watch the guy in 3rd from last place. I wanted to see the business end of the tournament.
I may be in the minority... I have recorded it and have been just zooming through the rounds... But primarily just zooming through to see all of Tigers shots...ill get to see all the guys at the top during the final round now... If Tiger wasn't playing I doubt I'd watch more than 20 mins of it.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's sweating like Jay Monahan on a flight to Riyhad. He's clearly bulked up but not sure he's looking healthy - I hope I'm wrong - but I always feel like Tiger is being pushed by the clamor from the fans to see him playing.
Can you not keep the anti PGAT tone contained to the LIV thread ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Why, is he expecting the same fate as Jamal Khashoggi?
🪚🪚🪚

sunshine

Visit site
the majority of the viewers want to see the players at the sharp end, if Tiger is up there, then great, fill yer boots, but focusing solely on him when not in contention is lazy broadcasting.

Nothing lazy about focusing on the star of the show. It’s what most people had switched on to watch.
Did they actually skip any shots from the leaders?

Visit site
For me Tiger can walk on water. He went round that course at even par having hardly played.....and was the oldest in the tournament. He's the reason I took up golf in 2001, and I have no problem watching every shot he takes. I DO agree that the focus should be on the leaders.......but you are discussing the man who changed the face of modern golf. He will be always my hero, and I think that applies to a lot of golfers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He says he wants to play once a month..that gives him 2 weeks rest and then a week to get back into it - his words...
He admitted that he was rusty and at times it showed...
Is 1 week of practice, 1 week of tournament golf and then 2 weeks off going to shake the rust off..?
Not convinced......