Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 15344

He looked just like he has the season so far - one minute doing well the next throwing in doubles and bogeys - talk of major challenges ?! Last week he was missing cuts - hasn’t even challenged for a tour event yet. As mentioned by someone else - he is now just another tour player without a media hype following him with his fanboys going over the top.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He looked just like he has the season so far - one minute doing well the next throwing in doubles and bogeys - talk of major challenges ?! Last week he was missing cuts - hasn’t even challenged for a tour event yet. As mentioned by someone else - he is now just another tour player without a media hype following him with his fanboys going over the top.

I don't think he's a competitor yet.....

But i think it's too soon to write him off yet. He's doing better than a few stars atm with driving accuracy so bad he's laughing at himself. He only dropped shot's on 3 holes today, a double after a visit to the water is hardly signs of a horror show.

If he stays fit all season i reckon he'll be competitive in a few events at least.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't think he's a competitor yet.....

But i think it's too soon to write him off yet. He's doing better than a few stars atm with driving accuracy so bad he's laughing at himself. He only dropped shot's on 3 holes today, a double after a visit to the water is hardly signs of a horror show.

If he stays fit all season i reckon he'll be competitive in a few events at least.

Oh I have no doubt over the course of the season he will challenge for the odd PGA event when he gets three rounds together - what happens in the fourth who knows but when it comes to majors - those mistakes he keeps making will mount up and put him out of majors - long way to go yet and a number of players are also struggling or trying to gain form but I have more confidence in someone like McIlroy gaining the high level of form for a major challenge than Woods

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's in contention and it's great to see. This isn't like Torrey where he scraped through to the weekend thanks to a final hole birdie, he's actually right up there. It's progress and we're seeing positive signs. Feeling good about this season for the Big Cat, I think he'll win at least 1 event.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's in contention and it's great to see. This isn't like Torrey where he scraped through to the weekend thanks to a final hole birdie, he's actually right up there. It's progress and we're seeing positive signs. Feeling good about this season for the Big Cat, I think he'll win at least 1 event.

Still a long way to go but at least he is showing some potential which is more than you can day for the likes of Lee Westwood or D Willet

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Out of all the “Fanboys” on here it’s interesting who as made the most posts on this thread :whistle:

Tiger gets too much attention :rofl:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oh I have no doubt over the course of the season he will challenge for the odd PGA event when he gets three rounds together - what happens in the fourth who knows but when it comes to majors - those mistakes he keeps making will mount up and put him out of majors - long way to go yet and a number of players are also struggling or trying to gain form but I have more confidence in someone like McIlroy gaining the high level of form for a major challenge than Woods

Tbf, neither of them won anything in 2017 so not a lot to base confidence on either of them.

Imo McIlroy will win something on the occasion the putter works for him, be that a major or a pga event will just be down to timing.

As to woods, i think if he gets into contention then he has as good a chance of closing as anyone. Would be good to see it at an event where there are low scores so it can be a shootout against an current superstar....

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Out of all the “Fanboys” on here it’s interesting who as made the most posts on this thread :whistle:

Tiger gets too much attention :rofl:

Have you actually counted?

My money was on Dan.

Back on topic. Great to see him playing well. Adds a bit more to the mix.

If I'm honest there's only about 10 -
15 (ish) golfers I want to watch, adding another doesn't hurt.

Certainly better than all the grey automatons and slowbots.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Have you actually counted?

My money was on Dan.

Back on topic. Great to see him playing well. Adds a bit more to the mix.

If I'm honest there's only about 10 -
15 (ish) golfers I want to watch, adding another doesn't hurt.

Certainly better than all the grey automatons and slowbots.

Click on the post & it tells you 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

What about last weekend at Rivera when he missed the cut ? Is he really “right up there” - He is still just as close to the cut line than he is to the guys leading - you can’t ignore comps where he struggles and use two rounds as pointers to the season - hence why there was no points last week as he left after two rounds. But looking at his belly you’re right about being a “big” cat

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
What about last weekend at Rivera when he missed the cut ? Is he really “right up there” - He is still just as close to the cut line than he is to the guys leading - you can’t ignore comps where he struggles and use two rounds as pointers to the season - hence why there was no points last week as he left after two rounds. But looking at his belly you’re right about being a “big” cat

Give it a rest. Fact is, he's T14, 4 shots back going into the weekend, he is right up there in contention.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
He is still just as close to the cut line than he is to the guys leading -

That's quite a take on that stat. He's 14th= yet the cut is 59th=, guess we can all use stats to prove our case.

This looks a very tough course compared to his previous outings but a swallow doesn't make a Spring as they say.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's quite a take on that stat. He's 14th= yet the cut is 59th=, guess we can all use stats to prove our case.

This looks a very tough course compared to his previous outings but a swallow doesn't make a Spring as they say.

It is a very tough course - especially around the bear trap - some brutal holes with some very tough shots over water , looks like shot selection and course management is key to doing well - good to see Fleetwood doing well - now he is challenging. But as you can see with Noren and a few others it’s easy to put some big numbers on the board over a couple of holes and be out of the Comp.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Think he was talking about this tournament when saying 'right up there' old bean

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I think he will win something this season. His game looks good to me and he is improving each time I watch him. He made one mistake yesterday with his tee shot on 15. Other than that, he round was as solid as anyone’s.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
If he stays fit I can only see him getting better, I suppose the question is..how much better and how quickly?

What is this..3rd tournament back excluding the Hero.?
Id say he's doing pretty well so far considering the amount
of time away from the top of the game.

Personally I'm enjoying watching golf again :thup:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry Phillip but this really is pathetic.
What’s made you start watching the PGA tour again?
Or did you never really stop?

When and if you ever meet Phil you will quickly understand he know nothing about fitness and core strength.
Obviously he doesn't like Tiger and respect his achievements,also he is a Rory fanboy.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
When and if you ever meet Phil you will quickly understand he know nothing about fitness and core strength.
Obviously he doesn't like Tiger and respect his achievements,also he is a Rory fanboy.

I am not into fitness or core strength but I also do not like Tiger. He came across as a total and utter wally.

I never stopped watching the PGA tour when he was away from the game, in fact, I found it loads more interesting without him there. I respect that he has won a bucket load of tournament but I certainly wish he hadn't (being an Ernie fanboy)

He's back and I am not too worried about him actually making waves in the big tournaments as he is past it.