Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 15344

I know a few people whose games went down hill when they lost weight.

As for Tiger, I think it’s brilliant to see one of the game’s greats coming back, giving it a go, and being willing to fail.
He could have easily given up and lived off his amazing history in the game. But he wants to get back and compete with the new stars.

I don’t understand why anyone would want him to fail.

I don’t think anyone wants him to fail - people who like him will be desperate for him to win , I’m just desperate for the media coverage to calm down - listening to Roe tonight is cringeworthy- they are prob putting more hype and pressure on him than anything - lost count the amount of times he has said “Tigers Back” then he puts it into a bunker and he laments his driving then next minute “Tigers Back” !!

Golf has moved on from it revolving around just him with so many talented players playing - if he gets in amongst them and challenges and we see amazing duels down the back 9 of majors with Spieth and Woods and Johnson and Rory then let the hype and over enthusiastic commentary go mad but not just yet

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Apparently, he's just been recorded as swinging at 128mph....
Now I know he's fit but is a 42 year old body that's been fairly suspect for a few years cope with that pressure for long..?
For his sake I hope so.....

D

Deleted member 1147

I don’t think anyone wants him to fail - people who like him will be desperate for him to win , I’m just desperate for the media coverage to calm down - listening to Roe tonight is cringeworthy- they are prob putting more hype and pressure on him than anything - lost count the amount of times he has said “Tigers Back” then he puts it into a bunker and he laments his driving then next minute “Tigers Back” !!

Golf has moved on from it revolving around just him with so many talented players playing - if he gets in amongst them and challenges and we see amazing duels down the back 9 of majors with Spieth and Woods and Johnson and Rory then let the hype and over enthusiastic commentary go mad but not just yet

I do believe that some out there, or on here, will want him to fail. I’m not saying you do, and I agree that the coverage can get crazy. But he can’t be blamed for that, other than his past excellence.
I just feel that when taking into account the physical stuff his body has been through and the difficult courses he’s played thus far it’s remarkable what he’s managed to do.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Come offit Phil,it’s blatantly obvious that you want him to fail.
You also appear to like to talk about tiger as much as anyone on the forum.

Why not start a thread about the leaders of the tournament,or the tournament itself,rather than keep discussing Tiger?
If it bothers you so much.

Also like you’ve said in the past “no one is forcing you to watch” 👍🏻

Surely the BBC are showing something rather splendid 😁

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can you show me where i said he was "fat"

I said he has a bit of a belly on him which he does and has done since he came back to the sport and its been mentioned a number of times on here by a number of people - someone else mentioned fat and it appears lemmings just lept on it without actually checking back to what was actually said.

The Teflon Don strikes again!

D

Deleted member 15344

I do believe that some out there, or on here, will want him to fail. I’m not saying you do, and I agree that the coverage can get crazy. But he can’t be blamed for that, other than his past excellence.
I just feel that when taking into account the physical stuff his body has been through and the difficult courses he’s played thus far it’s remarkable what he’s managed to do.

Agree after everything he has been through with his back he is doing very well to be in touch - I hope for his sake it’s not adrenaline masking any issues physically - as Imurg said swinging so fast and hard is what got him into a bad way in the first place and agree he can’t be blamed for the media or fan hype that goes with him. It’s all fresh at the moment and the next 6 months will be key for him - get a win early and who knows - if by August and he still hasn’t won you hope the pressure from the media doesn’t start to get too much.

D

Deleted member 1147

As s man with a bad back I know the signs, and I haven’t seen any of them from Tiger. So hopefully he is ok.

I am a big Tiger fan, don’t mind admitting it, and I’m chuffed to bits to see him playing pretty well. But I don’t expect him to win any time soon or do anything special, for me it’s like seeing Hendry or Davis return to the snooker, or Taylor in the darts. I just like seeing my heroes even when not at their best.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
- if by August and he still hasn’t won you hope the pressure from the media doesn’t start to get too much.

I don't think there is any pressure and if there is There's no golfer out there who's better equipped to deal with it than TW.
He's been written off too many times..No chance of Catching Jack..No chance of winning a major..and apparently not too long ago no chance of winning full stop.

Right now every improvement week on week is a bonus, he has nothing to prove.

Regardless of current form TW has an abundance of what separates the good from the great..

D

Deleted member 1147

Regardless of current form TW has an abundance of what separates the good from the great..

Yes, he was the best by a long stretch, and I don’t think that the main difference was physical, even though he was so long and powerful. It was all in his mind and especially due to his Dad’s attitude to training to win.

D

Deleted member 1418

Not watching it. Is he near the top of the leaderboard?

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't think there is any pressure and if there is There's no golfer out there who's better equipped to deal with it than TW.
He's been written off too many times..No chance of Catching Jack..No chance of winning a major..and apparently not too long ago no chance of winning full stop.

Right now every improvement week on week is a bonus, he has nothing to prove.

I think if you are talking about the Woods of 2000-2008 then you are spot on - back then anything thrown at him he just soaked it all up - no one could touch him especially on day 4

But that’s a world away and the game has moved on massively since even 2013 when he last played very well - I can see him getting frustrated because everyone can still remember how great a player he used to be and some will expect him to be that great again - he doesn’t need to be at the top of the game but I think he has that much self belief he expects himself to be up there and when he doesn’t then he may just push things too much etc and then things could start to get on top of him

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I read this a lot but never see any reasoning - how has the game changed since 2013?

A very unscientific and quick look at the world rankings from this week in 2013 and comparing them to the current ranking shows that the leader has fewer points but the next 9 have more in 2018 than 5 years ago.

2013 top 10 points
12, 8.9, 7.3, 6.8, 6.3, 6.3, 5.7, 5.4, 5.1, 5
2018 top 10 points
10.6, 8.9, 8.4, 7.8, 7.3, 7.1, 6.6, 6, 5.9, 5.6

It loosely implies that the more players gaining more ranking points now than 5 years ago.
So it could be argued that the top 10 now is stronger than the top 10 of 5 years ago....

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Saw an article today saying he had a measure club head speed of 128.42mph.

It’s the fastest clubhead speed since they started tracking.

Seems like the back is good