Tigers back.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
A very unscientific and quick look at the world rankings from this week in 2013 and comparing them to the current ranking shows that the leader has fewer points but the next 9 have more in 2018 than 5 years ago.

2013 top 10 points
12, 8.9, 7.3, 6.8, 6.3, 6.3, 5.7, 5.4, 5.1, 5
2018 top 10 points
10.6, 8.9, 8.4, 7.8, 7.3, 7.1, 6.6, 6, 5.9, 5.6

It loosely implies that the more players gaining more ranking points now than 5 years ago.
So it could be argued that the top 10 now is stronger than the top 10 of 5 years ago....

Or that the rest of the field is relatively weaker than 5 years ago? Statistics can very often be skewed to fit a specific viewpoint

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tommy playing beautifully, such a good player. Charge just hasn't materialised from Tiger - has struggled at the Bear Trap this week.

More slow play on the PGA tour. Webb Simpson slowing down the play - now a hole and a half behind.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone who plays this slow should be given a 2 event ban for every hole they fall behind the group in front

Hit them where it hurts. Their pockets

D

Deleted member 15344

Noticed after Tiger's charge didn't arrive that Tommy was joint top, so popped an internet search in re the Honda Classic. Does highlight how the US media is besotted with TW
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=...gfe_rd=cr&scso=uid_HCaTWqO9FcHMwQLLypXoDA_1:0

Happy for the media circus and crowd to follow him - just allows Tommy to play nice and quietly under the radar - he is playing so beautifully. As for Woods - didn’t see any of the earlier bogies but watched when he went into the water - did he walk away a bit gingerly ? Can hear the heartache in Roes voice that Woods is not near the leaders

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, no visible pain from what I saw. Looks absolutely fine physically.

Credit to Tommy for just cracking on with the job despite playing with Simpson. He's different class right now, could see him getting to #1 this year.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Obviously that’s a fairly solid effort from Tiger & the main thing for him is that he seems fit to play & practice.

Noteable that when he put his foot down this week he went backwards. Potentially he is in good shape to go round and make a respectable score, but he still has a way to go if he is to get involved at the Masters or even really be in shape to win a tour event.

however he has a marker down so he now has an idea of where his game is at and what he can improve on.

The worrying thing will be if he feels he is playing well but is struggling to make top 10s. At that point he may know the game is up & he just ain’t got it any more.

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
Happy for the media circus and crowd to follow him - just allows Tommy to play nice and quietly under the radar - he is playing so beautifully. As for Woods - didn’t see any of the earlier bogies but watched when he went into the water - did he walk away a bit gingerly ? Can hear the heartache in Roes voice that Woods is not near the leaders

And I can see the relief from you that I only finished 12th!!!

Im back baby and your my biggest follower :clap:

D

Deleted Member 1156

And I can see the relief from you that I only finished 12th!!!

Im back baby and your my biggest follower :clap:

I don't know if I find it funny or disturbing that a fully grown man (I assume?) tries to pretend to be someone else.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Obviously that’s a fairly solid effort from Tiger & the main thing for him is that he seems fit to play & practice.

Noteable that when he put his foot down this week he went backwards. Potentially he is in good shape to go round and make a respectable score, but he still has a way to go if he is to get involved at the Masters or even really be in shape to win a tour event.

however he has a marker down so he now has an idea of where his game is at and what he can improve on.

The worrying thing will be if he feels he is playing well but is struggling to make top 10s. At that point he may know the game is up & he just ain’t got it any more.

Good summary...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The interesting stat was he was ranked no 1 in proximity to the hole, basically he didnt putt well enough on greens he didnt enjoy (plenty didnt). The big question is can he put it all together for 4 days. One things for sure, this place melts down if he does :)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was ranked #1 in Driving Distance as well. Just played The Bear Trap poorly. If he's shot level through there he'd have been in the playoff.