Tigers back.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Am I allowed to say he's "right up there" yet? This is one of the hardest courses on Tour and he's leading. Remarkable.

I'm playing there next weekend. I've covered the Valspar before so know the course pretty well. It's tight in places but there are tougher courses on tour than Innisbrook.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
There aren't many tougher if you look at the scoring. It has been ranked in the Top 10 toughest tracks on Tour in every year that I can find the stats in recent years. I know it played a little easier last year as the temperatures were higher and the wind not as strong, but it's still a very tough course.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A good point was made in commentary yesterday.

The "tougher courses" probably suit tiger. He's still as good, if not better and scrambling and making birdies, but is also very likely to hit a few bogeys. Courses won at 20 under will be tough for him simply due to the mistakes he's making atm, but when the score is nearer -10 he ha a chance as others will also make bogeys and not coast away from him.

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t care if he’s back or not, but right now he’s playing some great golf and it’s good to watch.

The Valspar has gone up a level today after a bland first 2 days.

U

User62651

So do we want Tiger to win at the expense of Rose and Casey, just cos it's Tiger and he ain't won in a while?

Personally not fussed for Rose as he's an automaton with an ugly swing but I've always liked Casey's aggressive approach to the game and cheeky personality.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
So do we want Tiger to win at the expense of Rose and Casey, just cos it's Tiger and he ain't won in a while?

Personally not fussed for Rose as he's an automaton with an ugly swing but I've always liked Casey's aggressive approach to the game and cheeky personality.
Rose? Ugly swing? Surely your joking.

It’s arguably the best on tour!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Woods iron play and short game is stunning - the swing looks so smooth and ball just seems to click of the club

Happy to see Rose making a move -

I hope the commentators and Sky to sit back and relax about the players putting on a great show and don’t go over the top about Woods

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Would disagree. Focused on the course and with a functional swing. Hasn't done him too badly and it's not about the best looking swing. I don't like Casey and find him petulant and arrogant in equal measure. Just shows how players can split opinions. Good to see both right up there though

U

User62651

Rose? Ugly swing? Surely your joking.

It’s arguably the best on tour!!

Don't like it one bit, sorry, its the finish position I don't like. Clearly works for him.

No one answered - Do we want Tiger to win over a Brit/Englishman?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1147

I’d take a three way play off with Rose or Casey winning.
But I wouldn’t be upset if Tiger wins.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
As much as I normally would want an Englishman to win, Tiger all the way for me, great to see him playing so well.