Tigers back.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Was ranked #1 in Driving Distance as well. Just played The Bear Trap poorly. If he's shot level through there he'd have been in the playoff.

And if he'd holed one other birdie putt he would have won it.......

Sorry it doesn't work like that.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know it doesn't work like that, but just helps to show how well he played this week. #1 in proximity to green, #1 in driving distance, -8 outside of the Bear Trap, it's clear progress and a positive step forward with his game after a backwards step on Friday at Riv.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know it doesn't work like that, but just helps to show how well he played this week. #1 in proximity to green, #1 in driving distance, -8 outside of the Bear Trap, it's clear progress and a positive step forward with his game after a backwards step on Friday at Riv.

Fair enough if you want to look at it that way but you could say pretty much the same thing about any player in the field any week. "If only he hadn't driven into the bunker, if only he hadn't left that putt short, if only he had carried the water" etc etc etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd say that was a solid return. Chronic around the Bear Trap but great for the rest. It's strange that when he tried to make a score it didn't work. More to come I feel and I wonder what state his game will be in come Augusta

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tiger is 100% back whatever happens from now on.
Once again leaving the likes of Rory and Stenson way behind.
Yes it could all go wrong if his back goes but to even get back competing again is incredible.

The negative is the media wetting their knickers over a shot out of the trees,god I do that most weeks.

Seriously though just wanted to get the thread near the top again so the haters can get there fix.

U

User62651

Off work today and been watching his group live. Pretty impressive today (didn't see yesterday) on what we're told is a tough track and he just holed a good putt to avoid a first bogey, like TW of old. Speith and Stenson hacking in comparison. Think proof will come in how Tiger does tomorrow/Sunday i.e. can he put 4 good rounds together.
I thought his back problems would finish him but he's looking pretty good right now. Hope it continues.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great par save there... Will be interesting how he copes with the pressure at the weekend.

Not that he's ever had too much of a problem with that before...

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m just laughing at all the people saying he’s done

He’s longer than the rest again, he’s putting better than the rest again, his short game is good again and he is arrowing his irons again.

Apparently the tournament could have sold 200k tickets once tiger entered but they had to limit to 100k

Tiger will forever be the most important thing to golf. If he played the senior tour every single event would sell out

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Early days in his return and in this tournament but good to see him doing so well. Let's see how he copes now in the intensity of the weekend with the expectation on him. Hopefully he'll have a good final two rounds. Not seen much of the round today as I was working but clearly he's right on it on a difficult course

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great to see him back where he belongs, early days but I hope he gets back to where he used to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Aye right enough, Tiger's never been down the stretch before, he'll be quaking in his softspikes :rofl:
It is quite new to him...hope he doesn’t have a 54 hole lead...doubt his record is that good from such a position 🤔

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Here's what I think, he's sitting in 2nd place, every other player on that board will be looking at him and no one else.

When he's been down in 20th, he's been generally ignored, ach good ole tigger, nice to see him out again, but 2nd after 2 rounds is a significant difference.