Tigers back.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am not into fitness or core strength but I also do not like Tiger. He came across as a total and utter wally.

I never stopped watching the PGA tour when he was away from the game, in fact, I found it loads more interesting without him there. I respect that he has won a bucket load of tournament but I certainly wish he hadn't (being an Ernie fanboy)

He's back and I am not too worried about him actually making waves in the big tournaments as he is past it.

I don't watch any golf now as I don't have Sky however I do watch some you-tube highlights.
I'm far from a Tiger fan the whole circus surrounding him has in the past got too much.

Calling Tiger fat is just plain ridiculous without going into it,maybe slightly more than in the past but what he has been through over the last few years would have put paid to his vigorous training.
He has had to adapt there is no doubt about that.

I find it quite remarkable that Tiger has got back to anywhere near competing with the best and IMO shows unbelievable character and fight.
Good luck to him I say.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't watch any golf now as I don't have Sky however I do watch some you-tube highlights.
I'm far from a Tiger fan the whole circus surrounding him has in the past got too much.

Calling Tiger fat is just plain ridiculous without going into it,maybe slightly more than in the past but what he has been through over the last few years would have put paid to his vigorous training.
He has had to adapt there is no doubt about that.

I find it quite remarkable that Tiger has got back to anywhere near competing with the best and IMO shows unbelievable character and fight.
Good luck to him I say.

Well said PJ. I like Tiger for what he has done for golf (and the history books don’t lie with regards to his records) but now he takes up too much air time when there are other golfers to watch that are playing better than he is.

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So many posts about coverage being all about Tiger. It will be until he fizzles into the middle of the pack and no sign of coming back. At the moment, we still don't know. He hasn't played a 'full' season since when, 2013? Oh yea that year when he won however many times and got back to no1 in the world. Since then every comeback has been a false dawn and shortlived, so no real chance to evaluate what his peak level is at.

Just face it haters, until he plays a full healthy season, wins nothing, and only has about 5 top 10's, you're going to see a lot more of Tiger Woods.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
This conversation just stopped the moment Tigers stomach was mentioned. Fat? Are you on drugs? The guy has a body mass index that most of us wouldn't get near, ever.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This conversation just stopped the moment Tigers stomach was mentioned. Fat? Are you on drugs? The guy has a body mass index that most of us wouldn't get near, ever.
Calling Tiger fat to aid you argument really is clutching at straws from a desperate man and should result in a threadban.:rofl:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a tough course and he's even (joint 22nd as I type) and definitely starting to put together more consistent rounds this week. I said before it'll take time (like a footballer coming back from a serious injury) to get back to full competitive mode and be as close to top ten contention or a win as he can. I'm pleased he's starting to find form, hope he can hang in on moving day and put four good rounds together. That will help his confidence

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Unbelievable indeed.

Solid start today from Tiger. -1 today and looking solid.

Haven't seen too much as I'm watching the might Fulham march to the PL. A few seem to be a couple under on their rounds and many holding station. Would a couple under for Woods and into a top 10 be acceptable? I think he'd take it. If he could get to -1 or -2 and be right in the hunt Sunday will be see the old Tiger going for it

D

Deleted member 15344

The Adonis himself, LP. What a statement.

Can you show me where i said he was "fat"

I said he has a bit of a belly on him which he does and has done since he came back to the sport and its been mentioned a number of times on here by a number of people - someone else mentioned fat and it appears lemmings just lept on it without actually checking back to what was actually said.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Eagle for Tommy on one of the Par 4's. Become an incredible player the last 18 months, love that sawn off follow through.

That 310 bomb was a beauty from Tiger. Swing looks nicely synched up today, just needs to make a few putts.

D

Deleted member 1418

Good drive, just the 310 carry. Maybe if i get a bit of a beer gut I can add a spare 100 yards to my carry?

Lost my beer gut and lost at least 20 yards off my drives. Just in the region of low 300s now........😠😂😂😂

I personally couldn't give a toss about Tiger......dodgy back, slight beer gut, and balding hair all!! 😂

D

Deleted member 1147

Helps lower your centre of gravity, great for stability to accomodate massive swing speed!

I know a few people whose games went down hill when they lost weight.

As for Tiger, I think it’s brilliant to see one of the game’s greats coming back, giving it a go, and being willing to fail.
He could have easily given up and lived off his amazing history in the game. But he wants to get back and compete with the new stars.

I don’t understand why anyone would want him to fail.