TGL

AussieKB

Visit site
Tigger wants to make it a Major so he can get closer to Jack's record.....
and Rory can finally win another Major......

that is sarcasm by the way, so put a sock in it.

D

Deleted member 1147

Tigger wants to make it a Major so he can get closer to Jack's record.....
and Rory can finally win another Major......

that is sarcasm by the way, so put a sock in it.
It’s always a good joke when you have to explain it

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm gonna guess this will be heavily linked to in-play betting and the whole area of sport gambling with revenue share

Tiger has said...
“It's exciting that this group of guys is coming together for a two-hour window and we're just going to basically hit balls, talk a lot of (trash) and people are going to be gambling on absolutely everything, each and every shot. Every shot there's going to be a wager.”

I'll still give it a watch if its free somewhere but no way i'm daft enough to gamble on it (or any other sport) and if the presentation is all about the 'odds on xyz' I'll stop watching pretty quick

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Tiger has said...
“It's exciting that this group of guys is coming together for a two-hour window and we're just going to basically hit balls, talk a lot of (trash) and people are going to be gambling on absolutely everything, each and every shot. Every shot there's going to be a wager.”

I'll still give it a watch if its free somewhere but no way i'm daft enough to gamble on it (or any other sport) and if the presentation is all about the 'odds on xyz' I'll stop watching pretty quick

It'll be 2 hours of different ways to spend your money presented by golfers buddy.
Every aspect of it, will be a sellout.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The anti LIV brigade seem to be big fans of TGL without it even starting.
No matter how bad it is you can bet they’ll sing it’s praises 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The anti LIV brigade seem to be big fans of TGL without it even starting.
No matter how bad it is you can bet they’ll sing it’s praises 😂

I don’t think that’s true to be fair, there are a few comments defending TGL but I think a lot of people are probably seeing through the smokescreen already.

Looking broadly across social media for example, a lot of people are bored of Mcilroy and he’s not helping himself at the moment.
Tiger will always be revered as a legend but he’s making pointless comments as well.
Apart from Morikawas bizarre Ryder Cup comment, have any of the other players had much to say about TGL? I suspect they’re involved but not committed - and just gonna do as they are requested in order to pick up a few extra dollars.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'd not pay, if free on Sky maybe I'll watch

I'd imagine they'll use the same broadcast networks that the PGAT are partnered with - so that would be Sky here...
The problem in Europe will be the time difference - it's going to be 'live' in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and with Tigers comments earlier about the big emphasis on in game betting, that just isn't going to work..
Will a highlights package of simulator golf have much appeal? I'm not convinced it will..

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don’t think that’s true to be fair, there are a few comments defending TGL but I think a lot of people are probably seeing through the smokescreen already.

Looking broadly across social media for example, a lot of people are bored of Mcilroy and he’s not helping himself at the moment.
Tiger will always be revered as a legend but he’s making pointless comments as well.
Apart from Morikawas bizarre Ryder Cup comment, have any of the other players had much to say about TGL? I suspect they’re involved but not committed - and just gonna do as they are requested in order to pick up a few extra dollars.
You are seeing what your SM is showing you. Which I suspect is far more Pro LiV/anti Rory that mine will show me for example. Unlike LiV there is no smokescreen, the TGL is just promoting itself as one would expect any new venture to.

Maybe TGL will employ some twitter accounts to attack anyone who talks it down and to go on forums spouting how good it is even if no one watches it.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You are seeing what your SM is showing you. Which I suspect is far more Pro LiV/anti Rory that mine will show me for example. Unlike LiV there is no smokescreen, the TGL is just promoting itself as one would expect any new venture to.

Maybe TGL will employ some twitter accounts to attack anyone who talks it down and to go on forums spouting how good it is even if no one watches it.

I'm seeing what Rory and Tiger are saying and drawing my own conclusions mate - but you only have to look at people comments about getting 'tired' of Rory to see what is happening.

As for paid account and bots, that's just a baseless argument you've used to try and undermine my views, the comment under your avatar for example, a tragic attempt to troll somebody who's views you don't like. Having said that, just as golf media organisations and journalists were warned not to represent LIV in a positive manner if they wanted to maintain their access to the PGAT etc, then we can probably assume that they've been asked to give as much support as possible to TGL.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I wasn’t talking about you being paid! You’re just repeating what the accounts on SM are saying. Same in here as you are in the LiV thread.

And I can’t change what’s under my avatar. You’ll need a mod to do that.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd imagine they'll use the same broadcast networks that the PGAT are partnered with - so that would be Sky here...
The problem in Europe will be the time difference - it's going to be 'live' in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and with Tigers comments earlier about the big emphasis on in game betting, that just isn't going to work..
Will a highlights package of simulator golf have much appeal? I'm not convinced it will..
Not a chance that I'd watch it

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Truly it looks like simple minded populist caca. In fairness to it though, unlike LIV, at least TGL seems to know that. There may be a market for it. Hell, half the world would tune in just to see Tiger just put his glove on.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Like most things in life, I'll try and keep an open mind until I've seen it. I do have a passing interest in the sim tech so that's one aspect.
In some ways an obvious/smart move for Tiger enterprises. A bit back he was keeping decent club head speed but couldn't walk. So this keeps him in the public eye. And we know how the media, especially the US media fawn over anything he does. Mind apparently he's walking better now.
You do wonder if only those residing in Jupiter, Florida will end up sticking it out, although in theory they could perhaps build another one somewhere else and link them.
The teams seem to be based around places in the US, which doesn't immediately resonate with me, but then the EPL teams are followed all around the world.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Like most things in life, I'll try and keep an open mind until I've seen it. I do have a passing interest in the sim tech so that's one aspect.
In some ways an obvious/smart move for Tiger enterprises. A bit back he was keeping decent club head speed but couldn't walk. So this keeps him in the public eye. And we know how the media, especially the US media fawn over anything he does. Mind apparently he's walking better now.
You do wonder if only those residing in Jupiter, Florida will end up sticking it out, although in theory they could perhaps build another one somewhere else and link them.
The teams seem to be based around places in the US, which doesn't immediately resonate with me, but then the EPL teams are followed all around the world.

This came up in the Rick Shiels Podcast - it's a valid point. I just don't see them making any attempt to give it global appeal - at the moment all the anticipation is about seeing Tiger hitting a few shots into a big sheet.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hmmm. Dunno.
For me, a significant part of watching (and definitely playing) golf is the course. The way it looks, the way it plays, the dynamic between it and the player, the weather, the setting.
Take that away, and what's left?
A glorified range session?
I'm not seeing it. I might watch out of curiosity, but I'm definitely sceptical.

Swango1980

Visit site
To be fair, it is not trying to mimic the professional game in any way, shape or form. Except that professional golfers will be involved and swing a club. It isn't being used to give professional golfers prestigious trophies to win, or to prove to fans who may or may not be the best golfer in the world.

To me, it is a bit more like professional football players going onto Soccer AM and engaging with fans that way or F1 drivers playing in online virtual racing events.

One of the arguments for LIV, for example, was that it provided fans with a different experience to what we have become accustomed to, thus helping grow the game to new audiences. If people making that argument were genuine in that point, then I'd have thought they'd have to admit the same to TGL? Even if it is not for them, there may be a new market of fans that would happily tune into a show for an hour or two (no idea how long each program will be) to watch something very different to mainstream golf, become familiar with the players, and then maybe be attracted to the mainstream in the future. If TGL gets loads of celebrities involved, they may attract fans of those celebrities, who will then suddenly open their eyes to golf. By its very nature, TGL may not even be overly worried about getting mainstream golf fans to watch, as they are already fans of mainstream golf. They may be looking at the sort of people that tune into programs like Drive to Survive but not interested in F1, people who tune into reality shows or action game shows. And try and turn them into future fans of golf?

The more I think of it, I'm unsure I'll watch it much. I'm guessing it'll probably be on at prime time evenings in the US, so middle of the night here? If so, I won't be watching live, and not sure I'd be interested enough to record it and watch it later. Although if it is only an hour or so, I suppose I could watch it at breakfast time.