Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
It's "banter" apparently. You kind of got the impression yesterday that McIlroy was being diplomatic about the crowd, it will be interesting to see if he and the other players are a little more honest when it's over.
I think DC has them downplaying the crowd, as he knows if they say anything it will get worse.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There's no point questioning the picks really.
They were made and that's that.
There's no way of knowing if Knox would have played any better than Westy or Kaymer and plenty of qualifiers haven't played well...
They're all capable of beating anyone on a given day...if things go their way.
Both Sergio and Lee holed some monster putts that they wouldn't have expected to and these balanced out the short ones they missed.

No evidence to back this up but it seems to me that USA have had more luck than Europe.
Reed's eagle, Kooch's putt from a different time zone, a couple of lay ups that missed the water by feet, Mickelson holing a ridiculous footage of putts...
Balance that against Willett's pitch in, a few long putts....
You need luck to win these events and I think more is going towards USA..
You always hear people say that on the course when they hole a monster then miss a tap in. But they shouldn't even put imo. A long putt much like a chip or pitch in is in part down to luck so can't be accounted for 4 ft putts are a skill set and missing them shouldn't just be written off as luck evening out.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After the poor play by Westwood, Willet, Kaymer, Stenson, and Rose I can't see the selections working so my money is, reluctantly, on the USA to win.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And 4ft putts can be missed anyone at any time.....

And if this particular person that missed the four footer that we all miss could putt better he would of had a couple of majors by now and 1/2 point on the board 👍

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never knew that Europe had so many captains ,there must be a good few on this thread alone .
ok we are behind and have it all to do ,its not like we arent used to it is it?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And if this particular person that missed the four footer that we all miss could putt better he would of had a couple of majors by now and 1/2 point on the board 👍

All I'm saying is that there's no way of knowing if Knox, Casey or Donald would have made those putts or even been in the position to make them....
It's a worthless exercise.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There is still a lot of golf to be played, golfers can score 10 birdies one day and make none the next, we all know this.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Exactly.
If he'd picked Donald or Knox or whoever, would they have been good enough to put themselves in the position to miss those putts...
Who knows.....and we never will.

And you know this how...?
There's no way to tell. Donald could have played a blinder and be the star...who knows...
How do we know that Knox wouldn't have crumbled..?
You don't.

All I'm saying is that there's no way of knowing if Knox, Casey or Donald would have made those putts or even been in the position to make them....
It's a worthless exercise.

Oi

Other posters have been taken to task, previously, for repeating themselves ad nauseum

Ones point has been made, now change the record please.

Been waiting years to tell him off :) :) :)

D

Deleted member 15344

I just hope, should we fail to retain the trophy, that capt Clarke gets just as much stick as what sir nick did.

He's had a shocker.....!!!

How Rafa didn't play the 4th session is beyond me??
He's left too many players with just 1 game under their belts
Andy O'Sullivan , jeez he deserves better than that

I thought before it all started that we'd have 2 players guaranteed (IMO) to play all 5 matches, Rory and Rose, but wrong there too

Why would anyone "hope" some gets stick?

Clarke isn't going out to lose , he is doing what he thinks is the best along with his vice captains and sometimes it doesn't work out

But Europe always took pride in sticking together regardless and if we lose we congratulate the US team and move on to France

These players and captain that are getting crucified have for twenty years help with Ryder Cup after Ryder Cup - they have earned the respect and it would be a shame to see people use one RC to destroy those reputations

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
After the poor play by Westwood, Willet, Kaymer, Stenson, and Rose I can't see the selections working so my money is, reluctantly, on the USA to win.

To be fair I don't think Stenson and rose have been poor. Henrik in particular has played some really good stuff. They just came up against a juggernaut yesterday. Reed had 8 birdies and an eagle on his 17 holes yesterday afternoon! So they must have been OK to take that to the 17th.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
So people having the same comments that Clarke tried what he thought was best and it didn't work out will have the same comments about Sir Nick then? Yeah right!

Mark James still far and away the worst Captain. How you are supposed to win by burning out your best players and not blooding 3 of you rookies before the singles is beyond naive. I admit Faldo wasn't great, but I have not known him not try hard at anything in his life, but he gets more stick than any of the captains that have failed. Gallagher needed 3 attempts!

DCB

Visit site
Plenty time left, only 3 in it, so, let's get behind our team rather than beat them over the head before they are finished. It'll be a hard task, but, it's not impossible. Singles is very different from what has been played up til now.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why would anyone "hope" some gets stick?

Clarke isn't going out to lose , he is doing what he thinks is the best along with his vice captains and sometimes it doesn't work out

But Europe always took pride in sticking together regardless and if we lose we congratulate the US team and move on to France

These players and captain that are getting crucified have for twenty years help with Ryder Cup after Ryder Cup - they have earned the respect and it would be a shame to see people use one RC to destroy those reputations

Spot on, my thoughts exactly. You make the decisions how you see them at the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and you can't win them all.

However, seeing how front loaded we are today, I can see us catching them up pretty quickly and then it all comes down to a bit of luck, nerves and who plays best on the day.

This is far from over. Come on Europe!