Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Well I think it's safe to say that Lee will need to qualify himself if he wants to play in another one of these. Pathetic with the putter for someone with such experience. Kaymer not much better.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How costly could them 2 missed putts by Westwood be by tomorrow night? Personally this I think will be his last Ryder cup as a player.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really sure that the missed putt by Westwood is that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Assuming Rose/Stenson don't somehow manage to get a half from their match we'd still have been 9 - 7 down going into the singles tomorrow. Does anyone think we are playing well enough to get 7 points from the singles to retain it?

D

Deleted member 16999

Not really sure that the missed putt by Westwood is that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. Assuming Rose/Stenson don't somehow manage to get a half from their match we'd still have been 9 - 7 down going into the singles tomorrow. Does anyone think we are playing well enough to get 7 points from the singles to retain it?
If you look at the 12 players there is definitely 7-8 of them that I think could win a point, it really depends on the draw, if our strongest get their strongest it's game on, but if the draw goes against us then I think the difference will be our weaker players.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Clarke has to take a lot flak for bringing in westwood and kaymer this afternoon. Have not heard his reasons for their selection but its very strange. Wood did great,Fitz played well.Cabrera bello has been superb and poor Sully who is great matchplayer

I think it's going to be really interesting to hear his reasoning for playing Westwood/Kaymer/Willet this afternoon. The first 2 were terrible yesterday, and Willet not great, yet RCB has played well, as did Wood & Fitzpatrick earlier, and aside from the water shot I don't recall Sullivan playing too badly yesterday.

Poor afternoon for Europe.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Not that putt no.

Westwoods probably cost 2 points though as he's been horrific both times he's played.

If I was him id have talked the captain out of putting me back out this afternoon.

We've no chance in the singles, needed a lead going in to have a sniff imo

D

Deleted member 1418

I know we cannot even imagine the pressure they're under, but that was an awful putt from Westwood. Cannot see a Medinah this time round. Shame really as some in the crowd don't deserve a USA win.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
All that hard work to get the momentum back lost by Clarke making poor choices just to keep his mates happy. Uphill task now, but the way the rookies and Mcilroy are playing we may have an outside chance.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Big mistakes by Clarke after 4-0 down getting back to within a point and having all the momentum and now we have handed it back to them.Leaving out Rafa and wood fitzpatrick bringing back westwood willett and kaymer

Very poor captaincy

D

Deleted member 15344

Not that putt no.

Westwoods probably cost 2 points though as he's been horrific both times he's played.

If I was him id have talked the captain out of putting me back out this afternoon.

We've no chance in the singles, needed a lead going in to have a sniff imo

Does Willett not take any responsibility then today ? He didn't win a single hole where as Westwood won both the holes with great birdies plus he had two more - seemed like Westwood was on his own in that match.

And reading some of the other posts ( not yours )

Picking someone to keep his mates happy !!

A has been who never was !

Seems the scapegoat has been truely found

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Captain Clarke looks and sounds like he could do with a good cry.

I know strange things happen on ryder cup sunday, but tomorrow could be a massacre!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sad to say I think the captain has a lot to answer for in picking Kaymer, Westwood and Willett when Suilivan, Wood, Bello had all performed well, also to break up the Garcia pairing looked a mistake too

Very little chance of a win tomorrow

D

Deleted member 16999

Massive job to raise the spirits for tomorrow, got to get them on the back foot and keep mentioning Medinah loud enough for the Yanks to hear.