Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It baffles me that anyone has a sad enough life to even notice that Kate has 'disappeared' from media or whatever. It's not like she does anything anyway. Wish I had their life with nothing bigger than that to worry about.
In other important news...
I saw a duck walking yesterday
I also saw a chicken not cross a road
It's raining again........back to the studio

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
British ISA.... feels a bit of a gimmick to me... not sure why someone would invest in it. The footsie now has mostly international companies. There is not so much as 'pure-british' company that you can invest and get a good return. Was looking at the mighty British Airways, but looks like it is now a British-Spanish company now...

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The ooh ah about the royal photo. Who actually gives a flying …. that it has been manipulated?
Thank god, I thought it was just me - it's such a non-story, I don't understand why everyone has their knickers in a twist about it.
The media don't care about doctored photos that give people a false impression of what real people look like, which leads to all sorts of mental health issues & eating disorders. However, Princess Charlotte's hand looks a bit odd - we are outraged, they are deceiving the public and they demand an apology.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
British ISA.... feels a bit of a gimmick to me... not sure why someone would invest in it. The footsie now has mostly international companies. There is not so much as 'pure-british' company that you can invest and get a good return. Was looking at the mighty British Airways, but looks like it is now a British-Spanish company now...

the rules are not set yet other than saying UK equities. Not sure if all the more international top companies will be allowed but they may well be. Either way, having an extra 5k allowance to invest tax free is good for me. There are lots of great investment trusts that will be allowed covering UK equities, REITS and a dozen or more focussed on renewable energy, with yields north of 6 and often 7%

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It only the 8th time she’s been pulled and it’s been found she’s banned.

Money can buy anything it seems.

I mean when I was 18 I crashed. 6 points which meant licence lost as 6 points in 2 years is a licence loss when you first pass now.

I was sober , but it made me wake up and I'm 37 soon and only had 3 points since (ironically the next year for doing 35 on a road I thought was 40 lol 🤣 turns out wasn't) anyways if I was a celeb I'd of got away with a fine and don't do it again

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A total gimmick. It's now been delayed for a "three month consultation", won't appear this side of the election, and most likely won't ever appear as Labour aren't backing it.

Also, if it did ever get launched, it would be likely to fail consumer duty legislation which requires IFAs not to sell products which could cause foreseeable harm due to the narrow nature of the investments.

Last edited:

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Thank god, I thought it was just me - it's such a non-story, I don't understand why everyone has their knickers in a twist about it.
The media don't care about doctored photos that give people a false impression of what real people look like, which leads to all sorts of mental health issues & eating disorders. However, Princess Charlotte's hand looks a bit odd - we are outraged, they are deceiving the public and they demand an apology.
Slapping on makeup is pre-electronic photoshopping and probably harder to do for a smalller effect.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve just read that KP was prosecuted for driving without insurance, which isn’t a prisonable offence.

She’s still an irritation, as is trying to work out if "prisionable" is an actual word.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A total gimmick. It's now been delayed for a "three month consultation", won't appear this side of the election, and most likely won't ever appear as Labour aren't backing it.

Also, if it did ever get launched, it would be likely to fail consumer duty legislation which requires IFAs not to sell products which could cause foreseeable harm due to the narrow nature of the investments.

Who knows if it will or not but no reason it cannot happen before the election so I assume it will.

And the Consumer Duty legislation will be irrelevant as most will be done without IFA input and if IFAs are involved the tax benefits of this "extra" 5k will be obvious and logical for the IFA and the client as there will be plenty of choice of choice and it makes Financial sense to have a decent allocation to UK assets

I will add my 5k as soon as it hopefully launches

Last edited: