Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dunno if this is really an irritation or something I should be happy about but anyway... I took my car in for MOT today. I only just noticed that last year the same garage gave me an advisory on a brake pad which I'd done nothing about. So fully expecting the MOT to be a fail and that I'd need them to get that fixed.

Well they've just called me and said it's passed with two advisories - neither of them to do with a brake pad. Ok, good then.. I guess? Have they missed it or did they just make it up last time?? Only been driving 3 years now so this MOT stuff is still a mystery to me. :LOL:
I would ask the question. Be interested what they said.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I get irritated when people post up a name of someone they're irritated by without any reasoning..
I've then got to waste valuable time finding out why they're irritated, realising that I too am irritated which increases my irritation to being more than a mite miffed......
Surely it doesn’t matter, I think someone posted the same after all I posted was ‘Denis Villeneuve’ 😂

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's my irritation, I don't have to justify it to anyone.
Very true Bob, but as it seemed a bit open ended I was asking for clarity rather than justification.
I had never heard of her before so I read an article (in the guardian) and I wondered what element of her actions irritated you?

Tbh it reads like a lot of sensationalism to me…🤷‍♂️

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Very true Bob, but as it seemed a bit open ended I was asking for clarity rather than justification.
I had never heard of her before so I read an article (in the guardian) and I wondered what element of her actions irritated you?

Tbh it reads like a lot of sensationalism to me…🤷‍♂️

If you look at her history, not just the Guardian article, wow! Some of the things she purported to have done on so many different levels… there’s either a whole host of sensational journalism going on or she’s frighteningly crazy with way too much power.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
If you look at her history, not just the Guardian article, wow! Some of the things she purported to have done on so many different levels… there’s either a whole host of sensational journalism going on or she’s frighteningly crazy with way too much power.
I’ll have to do a bit more digging as the first 2 pages of my search are about her latest book… but I’m betting it’s more sensational journalism, probably with a whiff of misogyny, her being a woman with “way too much power” probably ruffles the establishment.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ll have to do a bit more digging as the first 2 pages of my search are about her latest book… but I’m betting it’s more sensational journalism, probably with a whiff of misogyny, her being a woman with “way too much power” probably ruffles the establishment.

There’s plenty of nepotism in there from her.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
How often do you need to change the heating settings? Do you really need to change them via a touch screen while driving. I would have thought any modern car would have volume control on the steering wheel, along with the ability to change radio stations.

What is so critical that it needs changing while doing 120kph?
Yes, I do need to change the temperature as the external temperature changes and the sun comes out and suddenly the car is a lot hotter (or colder if it goes in), and if I want to change from listening to a podcast from the radio, or visa versa, then I also have to go into the touch screen. You can't do that from the steering wheel.
It is not a problem at all with the controls on my Skoda Superb, part of the same group, so why have VW done this with the Golf?
Not only that. the screen is pretty unresponsive and you sometimes finishing up pressing it twice as you don't think it's worked the first time.
It's not just me, just look on the internet. It's such an issue with owners that VW are now looking to change it in future models.

VW admits touch controls have frustrated customers, fix is on the way
VW shakes up infotainment touchscreen UX to fix mistakes of the past

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I love the touchscreen on my Tiguan, but the heating controls are really badly designed.

There are buttons below the touchscreen to increase or reduce the temperature. They are small, in an awkward place, and one touch only reduces by 0.5 of a degree at a time, so you have to press it multiple times to get it to the desired temperature, which means looking away from the road for a significant bit of time. If you press one of the buttons for a fraction too long, it reduces the temperature to the absolute minimum or increases it to the absolute max. It really should have easy to access dials to control.
I found exactly the same issue in the Golf.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I couldn't go into details as it could be viewed as political
I think with people like Noem you could border in to politics with your irritation. But with Noem specifically, you don't have to. Yes she is yet another conspiracy theorist MAGA nut job that has basically sold any (minute) credibility she had to the RNC and Ttump (he can't even spell his own name!)

But, the article isn't sensationalism, it merely pointing out the facts that she herself has put in a book that's meant to make her look "strong and decisive" but to anyone outside of MAGA-ville, just makes her look and sound like a horrible specimen of a human being. And to use the Putin/Trump model of deflection is just straight out of their playbook. It's not fake news if you openly admit to something. Remember the Don saying (and being recorded) saying he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him and then decried it as fake news... They're on another planet.

Ok, the dog was dangerous, let's say we believe that. Then take it to an animal shelter to let them try and train or re-home it or to a vet so that it can humanely be put to sleep. Shooting it in a gravel pit is an absolute red-neck inbred cracker move. Same with the goat, have it humanely destroyed for smelling and acting like a goat.

Now, how you view her will probably be coloured by your own stance, right wingers will probably agree with her "rights", left wingers will be outraged and incandescent, but even centrists like myself find her actions repulsive when given the options she had available to her and the fact she's used something so grotesque as a means to show her "strength and political character".

Mods, none of the above is written from a political stance, purely a character one, it's unavoidable that her political stance is brought in momentarily as it's a decisive factor in her behaviour.