Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mods, none of the above is written from a political stance, purely a character one, it's unavoidable that her political stance is brought in momentarily as it's a decisive factor in her behaviour.
Agreed. Not every comment about a politician is political.

As with referees, there is a degree of discretion 😉.

RichA

Visit site
Mrs H think she’s punishing me when she gives me the silent treatment. It’s bliss. On a good day she can gust at 140 words per minute o_O
Sounds divine. In my house the silent treatment lasts about 20 seconds before I'm asked why I haven't noticed that I'm getting the silent treatment.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
.....when you put something "free to collect" on the local Freestuff Facebook page and you get multiple requests asking if you'll deliver it.

(The item is small enough to put in a carrier bag)
Usually accompanied by some kind of sob story about why they can’t collect.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When your buddy went into hospital 5 days ago for a broncoscopy only to be admitted into an isolation room off ICU because he’s too ill to be scoped. Rescheduled for today but still too ill to be scoped, rescheduled for Wednesday.

Weight now 7st 7lbs, and 6’ 2”… concerned, worried and jumpy every time I see his dad’s number on my phone, which is every morning.

Beyond irritated.

The above was posted 25th Sept. An update full of downs and ups and downs.

He was in hospital for around 10 weeks, getting out a couple of weeks shy of Christmas. Though still massively underweight when he was released it was decided that the treatment could continue at home, and weekly outpatient appointments were scheduled to monitor progress.

Weight was slowly creeping up and his last two scans showed no evidence of disease. However, the current ‘down.’ Around 4 weeks ago, at a scheduled appointment, the consultant was shown a lump just above his belly button. It was around the size of a fist. I saw it the day before and thought hernia, but the biggest hernia I’d ever seen, and I’ve seen plenty in Day Surgery. As there wasn’t any pain he was put on a list for surgery with advice to come straight in if it started to hurt.

It started to grow, and hurt, about a week ago but knowing he had a hospital appointment for today a decision was made to wait till today and go in as scheduled. STUPID! Bearing in mind he has been wearing small size t-shirts he couldn’t get into XXL in the last few days. Worse still, the swelling was so great he has been struggling to breath… currently waiting on him coming out of theatre…

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think with people like Noem you could border in to politics with your irritation. But with Noem specifically, you don't have to. Yes she is yet another conspiracy theorist MAGA nut job that has basically sold any (minute) credibility she had to the RNC and Ttump (he can't even spell his own name!)

But, the article isn't sensationalism, it merely pointing out the facts that she herself has put in a book that's meant to make her look "strong and decisive" but to anyone outside of MAGA-ville, just makes her look and sound like a horrible specimen of a human being. And to use the Putin/Trump model of deflection is just straight out of their playbook. It's not fake news if you openly admit to something. Remember the Don saying (and being recorded) saying he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him and then decried it as fake news... They're on another planet.

Ok, the dog was dangerous, let's say we believe that. Then take it to an animal shelter to let them try and train or re-home it or to a vet so that it can humanely be put to sleep. Shooting it in a gravel pit is an absolute red-neck inbred cracker move. Same with the goat, have it humanely destroyed for smelling and acting like a goat.

Now, how you view her will probably be coloured by your own stance, right wingers will probably agree with her "rights", left wingers will be outraged and incandescent, but even centrists like myself find her actions repulsive when given the options she had available to her and the fact she's used something so grotesque as a means to show her "strength and political character".

Mods, none of the above is written from a political stance, purely a character one, it's unavoidable that her political stance is brought in momentarily as it's a decisive factor in her behaviour.

Forum rules prohibit me from a full reply but I always find it amusing when someone posts an obvious Leftist (could equally be Righty) post and then proclaim themselves “Centrist” 😂🤣😂

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Away to an end of season player of the year and hall of fame dinner tonight but I’ll need to be on my best behaviour as work in the morning 🙄

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The above was posted 25th Sept. An update full of downs and ups and downs.

He was in hospital for around 10 weeks, getting out a couple of weeks shy of Christmas. Though still massively underweight when he was released it was decided that the treatment could continue at home, and weekly outpatient appointments were scheduled to monitor progress.

Weight was slowly creeping up and his last two scans showed no evidence of disease. However, the current ‘down.’ Around 4 weeks ago, at a scheduled appointment, the consultant was shown a lump just above his belly button. It was around the size of a fist. I saw it the day before and thought hernia, but the biggest hernia I’d ever seen, and I’ve seen plenty in Day Surgery. As there wasn’t any pain he was put on a list for surgery with advice to come straight in if it started to hurt.

It started to grow, and hurt, about a week ago but knowing he had a hospital appointment for today a decision was made to wait till today and go in as scheduled. STUPID! Bearing in mind he has been wearing small size t-shirts he couldn’t get into XXL in the last few days. Worse still, the swelling was so great he has been struggling to breath… currently waiting on him coming out of theatre…

Opened up, it’s not a hernia, closed up. A busy few days for him to come…:cry: