Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too much tech in cars…

I just had a narrow escape. BMW has all the usual stuff. As I was coming down the road at about 20-30 and gaining speed. The other side has cars queued up and stationary.
I was approaching a small bend in the road, I think there was a traffic cone on the pavement.

So in the eyes of my car, it thought I would be ramming the side of the car on the opposite side. Flipping collision detection got triggered and slammed the brakes!!! All the dash turned red.. I had my hands on the wheel and held on to dear life. The car came to a stop in the middle of the road.

I could see the fear in the eye of the driver who was on the other side. I am sure he saw the same too in my eyes. Alsolutely no idea what happened. Luckily the guy behind me was at distance away and we all went our merry way.

I am sure all these tech is there for a reason but my first experience of things going wrong. I am not looking to sit in a self driving car soon
I have found with my car and van, that when the warning sound for it sounds, a touch of the foot brake cancels it off

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People who go to events with loads of people (Frome independent market) and take their dogs. It is hard enough navigating the stalls without having to worry about tripping over dogs and/or leads. And the stupid woman with a daschund on a lead saying anxious dog was particularly stupid!

samthom99

Banned
Visit site
People who go to events with loads of people (Frome independent market) and take their dogs. It is hard enough navigating the stalls without having to worry about tripping over dogs and/or leads. And the stupid woman with a daschund on a lead saying anxious dog was particularly stupid!
I have a real dislike of dogs, theres nothing worse than owners saying "dont worry she's fine as the mutt is jumping all over you...."

:(:(:(

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Santander dropping their savings interest rate from 4.7 to 1.7% :mad::mad:

Any suggestions where to move our savings ?
They've probably created another type of account with a higher rate.

The one year accounts seem to give the best rates. When they run out and they reduce the rate to practically nothing whilst creating another one for this year, we ring the building society; they just seem to be able to change the account without loosing the account number. It's all rather tedious.

Interestingly, the rules about isa's have changed. You can now open more than one each year as long as you stay within the limit.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Santander dropping their savings interest rate from 4.7 to 1.7% :mad::mad:

Any suggestions where to move our savings ?

I have recently used raisin , an online savings portal to save some cash. Got 5% on a 1 year fix. It matures tomorrow and the cash arrives back in the holding account to be either taken out or reinvested

I also have plum , the ISA on there pays 5.25% I think it was so this year I'm trying to fill that as much as possible

D

Deleted member 29109

Stood in a lengthy queue in IKEA for food. The number of people who wait till they are being served to start discussing what that want to eat is staggering.

Absolute morons, all of them.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
They've probably created another type of account with a higher rate.

The one year accounts seem to give the best rates. When they run out and they reduce the rate to practically nothing whilst creating another one for this year, we ring the building society; they just seem to be able to change the account without loosing the account number. It's all rather tedious.

Interestingly, the rules about isa's have changed. You can now open more than one each year as long as you stay within the limit.
Don't know how much you've got but you should split it between more than one institution. FSCS scheme covers £85000 per person per institution.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Don't know how much you've got but you should split it between more than one institution. FSCS scheme covers £85000 per person per institution.

I’ve got an online saver with Atom Bank which currently pays 4.03%, and a number of Fixed Term Savers with both Atom and Ford Money.

I’ve put as much as I can into the Fixed Term accounts with rates all around 5% and tied it up medium to long term (the “long” term is a maximum of three years), because I can see rates coming down this summer and beyond.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got an online saver with Atom Bank which currently pays 4.03%, and a number of Fixed Term Savers with both Atom and Ford Money.

I’ve put as much as I can into the Fixed Term accounts with rates all around 5% and tied it up medium to long term (the “long” term is a maximum of three years), because I can see rates coming down this summer and beyond.

With raisin the wife's got some money for the kids locked away at 4.5% I think I got it for 7 years..thought with rates possibly dropping thought a 7 year deal at that was shrewd

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
With raisin the wife's got some money for the kids locked away at 4.5% I think I got it for 7 years..thought with rates possibly dropping thought a 7 year deal at that was shrewd

Not many Fixed Term Savers offer those long terms now. It’s understandable - no financial institution is going to offer you a silly rate over a long term when they can foresee a drop in rates.