Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So in the shower at the hotel this morning I knocked my toe getting over the bath. Hurt a bit thought nothing more of it

Just looked at my toe. Looks like it's been in a fight with mike Tyson what the heck

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where could someone invest, say a £30/50 grand lump sum to get the best rates, without locking it away for a long period of time ?.
Just asking for a friend.

Sounds like @cliveb is recommending the same bank as raisin offering

Paragon are paying 5% easy access

Needs to be over 10k invested via raisin by the looks which fits your criteria

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hopefully this isn’t seen as political as it is aimed at all parties.
Why do politicians bother making speeches to announce policies when the details are always given to the media in advance and published? Another story today saying XX is going to make a speech to announce A,B,C. Just give the press statement and don’t waste time and money with a grand speech

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Hopefully this isn’t seen as political as it is aimed at all parties.
Why do politicians bother making speeches to announce policies when the details are always given to the media in advance and published? Another story today saying XX is going to make a speech to announce A,B,C. Just give the press statement and don’t waste time and money with a grand speech
Because it is election year and it gives them a platform to slag off the other side.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Not just this year, it happens all the time
Then it is merely an opportunity to trot out the usual party propaganda and say how much better they are than the other side and remind us all about how worse things would be if the other side were the government.
This year there is a slightly different slant on it, because the party in power is split, has been for several years, and it is election year.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Then it is merely an opportunity to trot out the usual party propaganda and say how much better they are than the other side and remind us all about how worse things would be if the other side were the government.
This year there is a slightly different slant on it, because the party in power is split, has been for several years, and it is election year.
The question was rhetorical, we all know the answer but it is a pointless process when we all know what they are going to say. Same for budget announcements as well, we know what they are going to say so why go through with the charade

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The question was rhetorical, we all know the answer but it is a pointless process when we all know what they are going to say. Same for budget announcements as well, we know what they are going to say so why go through with the charade

Pomp and ceremony, it's what this country does best

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Don't be a silly sausage

January 2025 is the latest lol 🤣 so we will have to wait!

We went a few years with having one every year it felt like now when we actually want one they won't let us have it!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Because, basically, Poiticians are public speakers...their whole reason to exist is to make speeches....they don't actually do anything else...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Resurrecting an earlier irritation, but we went to the local Garden Centre yesterday. Never a fun thing to do on a Bank Holiday as the car park also serves the local park so is massively busy (Rouken Glen for those who know it).
I watched people trying to get in and out of the spaces and practical observation showed to me:
  • People took longer and did more manoeuvering to get in and out of the parking space if they went in forwards. I waited while two cars who went in forwards took ages to get them in and went in and out of the space numerous times. The language used by my good lady (Glaswegian) whilst we were waiting was colourful to say the least! Those who reversed into the space got in far faster. The benefit of rear wheel steering.
  • The worst parked cars (badly angled or against the lines) was from those parked forwards.
And we bought plants and pots and had no problem getting them into the boot of our reverse parked car.