Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Resurrecting an earlier irritation, but we went to the local Garden Centre yesterday. Never a fun thing to do on a Bank Holiday as the car park also serves the local park so is massively busy (Rouken Glen for those who know it).
I watched people trying to get in and out of the spaces and practical observation showed to me:
  • People took longer and did more manoeuvering to get in and out of the parking space if they went in forwards. I waited while two cars who went in forwards took ages to get them in and went in and out of the space numerous times. The language used by my good lady (Glaswegian) whilst we were waiting was colourful to say the least! Those who reversed into the space got in far faster. The benefit of rear wheel steering.
  • The worst parked cars (badly angled or against the lines) was from those parked forwards.
And we bought plants and pots and had no problem getting them into the boot of our reverse parked car.
That is because the only demographic with a higher average age than golfers is people who visit garden centres on a bank holiday 🤣

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is because the only demographic with a higher average age than golfers is people who visit garden centres on a bank holiday 🤣
It might also be because it was a (very) wet Bank Holiday Monday. B&Q was heaving yesterday, and the kids needs somewhere cheap to let off steam ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the packet of blue cheese I have been eating. Consume within 3 days of opening.
It's Cheese! This kind of thing annoys me as it encourages people to throw out perfectly edible food because the suppliers are covering their backside with these statements.

Isn't blue cheese already mouldy?
Just let it rot a little longer, then throw it away!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How fortuitous is it that my shower gel just happens to give 12 hr of 'protection' before its effect stops, same for the deodorant lasting 24 hours

Uncanny how they can get the recipe just right. Would've been a nightmare if it only lasted 9:40mins

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How fortuitous is it that my shower gel just happens to give 12 hr of 'protection' before its effect stops, same for the deodorant lasting 24 hours

Uncanny how they can get the recipe just right. Would've been a nightmare if it only lasted 9:40mins
There are deodorants out there now claiming 72hrs 😳. I really hope that people don't try to test that fully.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Where could someone invest, say a £30/50 grand lump sum to get the best rates, without locking it away for a long period of time ?.
Just asking for a friend.
I use an IFA that my missus family has been using for years. I got them to invest my money just under a year ago. One is an old pension that I asked them to take on, some went into an ISA (max for the 12 months), and the rest went into a collective investment account (you can choose how much risk you want to take for this from conservative to aggressive, I went for moderate). They have grown by circa 8% over the last 8 months.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I use an IFA that my missus family has been using for years. I got them to invest my money just under a year ago. One is an old pension that I asked them to take on, some went into an ISA (max for the 12 months), and the rest went into a collective investment account (you can choose how much risk you want to take for this from conservative to aggressive, I went for moderate). They have grown by circa 8% over the last 8 months.
Similar, our collective investment account is with a company called Quilter, although I always worry that the IFA recommendations are what's best for him and not me its grown about 12% in a year though so not complaining out loud!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Driving to Newton Stewart this morning a police speed camera Safety Vehicle went past in the other direction, the driver merrily sipping on what looked like a large Costa Coffee. I did giggle at the irony.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Similar, our collective investment account is with a company called Quilter, although I always worry that the IFA recommendations are what's best for him and not me its grown about 12% in a year though so not complaining out loud!
I'm with Quilter as well. I think finding the right IFA is always a worry, but because my missus family has used him for years, there is some trust there. I'm just trying to build up my cash pot for my retirement so don't want to get too bullish about the investments.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm with Quilter as well. I think finding the right IFA is always a worry, but because my missus family has used him for years, there is some trust there. I'm just trying to build up my cash pot for my retirement so don't want to get too bullish about the investments.
Again similar, I’m in a Blend8 pot, the Mrs is in a safer 4 pot.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Getting an email at 10.58 saying my UPS delivery will be with me between 8.50 and 10.50 this morning......
Er............Fail
Arrived a couple of minutes ago...what's the point of tracking and time slots when you're going to be 2 hours late....
Bunch of mindles jerks who'll be first against the wall etc etc...

12.04 email saying delivery has been rescheduled to "End of Day"
12.05 email saying Your parcel has been delivered.....
Utterly useless....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few years ago our FA said we should just buy a big camper van and tour about everywhere. I think he might have been Nicola Sturgen's FA too. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: