Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course we need to report potholes. You can't expect the council to routinely go round inspecting all the roads all the time.

But I'm referring to the insanity of seeing a couple of potholes marked with yellow while there are a few others right next to them not marked.
I understand that the definition of a pothole is that it has to be 4cm deep, but to simply ignore others nearby that are, say, 3cm deep is just silly.
There's a guy near us that got himself a can of the paint that they use to mark the potholes. Every time some of the potholes got marked by the council he went out with his paint and marked other ones close to them. The contactors assumed their paperwork was wrong and fixed all of the ones that were highlighted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a guy near us that got himself a can of the paint that they use to mark the potholes. Every time some of the potholes got marked by the council he went out with his paint and marked other ones close to them. The contactors assumed their paperwork was wrong and fixed all of the ones that were highlighted.
The ones round my way probably would have gone "this doesn't match the paperwork" then fixed none of them and gone back to get it checked. :LOL:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
England Golf support/help desk
Would actually be better if they just said either we won't answer your question, or we can't - rather than a load of deflection nonsense, and unrelated gumph :(

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Women driving BMWs… two wrongs don’t make it right ..

Also saw a 20 something drive into the gym car park with headphones.. i don’t mean small headphones, but proper over the ear, noise cancelling ones. How can someone do that?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Needing to set up a pin today for sky go.

Followed the guide only to find the tab they wanted me press was not on my SkyQ box

The 'help' not directing to a quick link to do it online on the Sky website (thank you Sky community forum)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Mandatory weekend working
Are you referring to greenkeepers, pro-shop staff and clubhouse staff?
Don't know where we would be without them.
They have my praise and thanks.
Marvellous people.

I worked in a 7-day business for 22 years. Changing to Mon-Fri, I had a sort of guilty feeling for the first few years.
When a bank holiday comes around, I always think about the people for whom that means more or extra work. As it used to be for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you referring to greenkeepers, pro-shop staff and clubhouse staff?
Don't know where we would be without them.
They have my praise and thanks.
Marvellous people.

I worked in a 7-day business for 22 years. Changing to Mon-Fri, I had a sort of guilty feeling for the first few years.
When a bank holiday comes around, I always think about the people for whom that means more or extra work. As it used to be for me.

I honestly don't know how anyone works 9-5

It's blooming awful

Writes off the entire day

Love a midweek round of golf

Much prefer shifts

Even nights aren't that bad when in the swing of it

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

It's blooming awful

Much prefer shifts

I absolutely preferred shifts over 9 to 5.

BUT those who write the patterns need to incorporate something which provides a semblance of work/life balance.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I absolutely preferred shifts over 9 to 5.

BUT those who write the patterns need to incorporate something which provides a semblance of work/life balance.

We vetoed the companies roster and proposed our own

We needed very high votes (75%) but we got it and got voted through

12 hour weekends to mean 2 weekends from 7 on average

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's blooming awful

Much prefer shifts

I have to work those hours or longer as that’s the uk business standard, maybe i should go on strike to demand a change 😉