Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another driving one that has been covered before...
On the way home from golf I let a blue light ambulance out on a big roundabout..I heard him before I saw him , worked out where he was and, sure enough, he appeared at the point I would have been in his way..got a Thanks wave for my trouble...
I then followed it for a couple of miles and was amazed by how poorly the majority efforts at letting it through were...
Pitiful was a word that sprung to mind.....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On the way home from golf I let a blue light ambulance out on a big roundabout..I heard him before I saw him , worked out where he was and, sure enough, he appeared at the point I would have been in his way..got a Thanks wave for my trouble...
I then followed it for a couple of miles and was amazed by how poorly the majority efforts at letting it through were...
In the US (Hawaii at least) you must pull over and stop if an emergency vehicle is on the road with lights flashing. That is vehicles travelling in both directions.

NearHull

Visit site
In the US (Hawaii at least) you must pull over and stop if an emergency vehicle is on the road with lights flashing. That is vehicles travelling in both directions.
I haven’t been to the States for 12-14 years now ( we don’t wish to sit in an aluminium tube for 8++ hours), is it still a rule for both sides of the traffic have to stop if a school bus is flashing it’s orange lights.

Mandofred

Visit site
I haven’t been to the States for 12-14 years now ( we don’t wish to sit in an aluminium tube for 8++ hours), is it still a rule for both sides of the traffic have to stop if a school bus is flashing it’s orange lights.
Last time I was there..yep. They figure there are too many crazy kids who will just run across the road....probably true.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Having been on the other side and driven on blues and twos more times than I care to remember, I can tell you the reaction of some drivers is truly scary.

Expect the unexpected was the best advice I was ever given.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having been on the other side and driven on blues and twos more times than I care to remember, I can tell you the reaction of some drivers is truly scary.

Expect the unexpected was the best advice I was ever given.
Had a friend who was an ambulance driver. He said he hated being the second van to a big shout. Most drivers make an attempt to get out of the way of the first ambulance, but almost no one was expecting a 2nd one so they mostly just pulled out in front of him.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why aren't you using your contactless card as an oyster card out of interest? The need for an actual oyster card are very rare these days you can just use tap tap on the phone and then you have it on your phone and no need to carry a card

Because topping up an oyster makes it easy to claim expenses with mr HMRC and work. Too many forms involved when usijg contactless.

Its a typical half a75ed job by TfL, rather like buying a hammer with no handle.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because topping up an oyster makes it easy to claim expenses with mr HMRC and work. Too many forms involved when usijg contactless.

Its a typical half a75ed job by TfL, rather like buying a hammer with no handle.

Ah ok

Yes it's annoying, I wanted to add my staff pass to stop carrying it about but doesn't work. Don't think their are many plans to because of contactless negates the need for most

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah ok

Yes it's annoying, I wanted to add my staff pass to stop carrying it about but doesn't work. Don't think their are many plans to because of contactless negates the need for most

When you think of the cost in constantly issuing Oyster cards let alone the carbon footprint bla bla bla, it just further proof that TFL really haven’t got a scooby. The worrying thing is someone was paid to develop a “free” app just to check the balance on a card.

Piss up and brewery!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Ref poor driving/driving tests - I think an additional test should be required for motorway driving, once you’ve passed your initial test you can then learn on a motorway and need to pass another test before you can drive them on your own.