Random Irritations

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watching the Euros football on French TV (TF1). Half time is all adverts - the whole darn 15 mins. No analysis, no blather, no replays or highlights. Just adverts.
To be fair, the adverts (in French I suppose) would have been preferable to the inane analysis, blather and replays ....

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I hope that was a wind up because if you were being serious, you need help.
Not everything is black and white.
While not supporting Fade&Die's position, there are some issues around Covid vaccines that don't sit quite right.

Vaccination in principle is a Good Thing and has saved millions of lives.
But the Covid vaccines in particular were fast-tracked into use and have exhibited an unusually high incidence of serious adverse reactions.
Meanwhile, the CDC is currently recommending Covid vaccine boosters for everyone over 6 months of age.
This recommendation came about around the same time that Moderna quadrupled the price of their vaccine.
And the CDC Foundation gets a not insignificant amount of funding from pharma companies like Pfizer & Merck.
Something just feels a bit fishy to me.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
While not supporting Fade&Die's position, there are some issues around Covid vaccines that don't sit quite right.

But the Covid vaccines in particular were fast-tracked into use and have exhibited an unusually high incidence of serious adverse reactions.
Meanwhile, the CDC is currently recommending Covid vaccine boosters for everyone over 6 months of age.
This recommendation came about around the same time that Moderna quadrupled the price of their vaccine.
And the CDC Foundation gets a not insignificant amount of funding from pharma companies like Pfizer & Merck.
There's a massive difference between something just feels a bit fishy and a claim that Covid wasn't fatal.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
There's a massive difference between something just feels a bit fishy and a claim that Covid wasn't fatal.
Yes, of course. We certainly know that Covid can kill.
As I said, I don't support Fade&Die's extreme position.

That said, the high incidence of serious adverse reactions isn't just "a bit fishy" - it's a statistical fact.
What's fishy is that there appear to be conflicts of interest amongst the organisations encouraging the wide uptake of them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He probably meant that it was only fatal to people who were older, or had another underlying breathing difficulty such as asthma. I don't think he meant to say that nobody at all died of it. Also his comments about the vaccine weren't completely misplaced.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

As I said last night I wish you could have been in ICU and seen how mentally and physically devastated all our staff were working in those circumstances and the devastation families were going through as loved ones died without their family at their bed side

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
He probably meant that it was only fatal to people who were older, or had another underlying breathing difficulty such as asthma. I don't think he meant to say that nobody at all died of it. Also his comments about the vaccine weren't completely misplaced.
Yes, I should have said Covid is fatal especially if you have underlying health issues or are over 80. Very much like Flu which I think is really what the whole thing was. And the world had a massive over reaction too… Unfortunately our kids will probably be feeling the effects for the rest of their lives.

The hysteria because some people do not want the vaccine was/is something else though!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As I said last night I wish you could have been in ICU and seen how mentally and physically devastated all our staff were working in those circumstances and the devastation families were going through as loved ones died without their family at their bed side
People who spout these conspiracy theories have no concern for the impact their misguided or inaccurate statements have on the people who actually had to face up to the real life situation. It's one thing sitting at home in your comfy chair and spouting unfounded theories, it's another facing the the real impact on the people it affects.
And the COVID vaccine came out quickly as it was a variant on other vaccines that have been stored for years for just such a situation.
If I'm honest, I find the whole thing to be distasteful. Fade and Die is now back-tracking on his statement that COVID was not fatal and trying to justify what was said.
People would rather believe conspiracy theories and what they read on social media from complete strangers who have no real facts to back up their statements.
It's disrespectful to all those poor people (whatever age and physical condition, and they did not all have underlying health issues), and to all those hard working NHS staff who put their lives on the line daily. Remember we all clapped for them? Or did you not as you thought it was all a con?
I can't really continue to comment on this any more as people are now calling a global health crisis a conspiracy. Perhaps the same as the Spanish Flu where more people died from that than in WW1?
I'm going back to inhabiting the real world.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Taking the Mrs to work soon..
Just been out to the car to open the windows and let a bit of breeze in...
Temperature gauge is only showing 38°C....OK it's sat in the sun but.......

4LEX

Visit site

You have to understand the whole pharma industry is run as a business and is generally morally bankrupt. This was true before Covid and remains the same. There's nothing fishy about a business trying to make more money. They actually sold the vaccines at rock bottom prices due to the global emergency, so what's wrong with upping the prices now?

The Covid vaccines weren't fast tracked, in most medical/vaccine trials the issue is finding enough people to test on. With the Covid vaccines, people stepped forward in numbers never seen before and it enabled trials to be completed faster than normal. Usually it takes a lot of effort between big pharma, scientists, doctors, hospitals and lawyers to get even a small trial in place.