Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The academy that ruined my daughters school has started to do the same at my sons school having taken over it earlier in the year.

I should put it in the gladden the heart thread. But my son used their own rules against them to get himself out of a detention 😆. It will come back to bit him on the backside I suspect.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are setting yourself up to be a lot of people's irritation! 🫣 I bet your seat is also in the middle of the row as well so you have to push past
I don't care. I've paid for a ticket to see a film, I'm not paying somebody to watch adverts. Everyone should do the same and arrive 20 minutes after the listing time, then we wouldn't have a problem.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't care. I've paid for a ticket to see a film, I'm not paying somebody to watch adverts. Everyone should do the same and arrive 20 minutes after the listing time, then we wouldn't have a problem.
Or, we would have to pay more for our tickets. Money from the adverts is needed by the cinema's.

I'm there dead on time, I zone out for the adverts, zone in again for the trailers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or, we would have to pay more for our tickets. Money from the adverts is needed by the cinema's.

I'm there dead on time, I zone out for the adverts, zone in again for the trailers.
Well that's up to you. I have a wife that makes us late for everything, so knowing I don't need to be there until 20-25 minutes after the stated start time is actually very handy.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I couldn't think of a worse place to spend the weekend but we said goodbye this morning to our daughter, her husband and our granddaughter who are meeting up with his 70 year old parents. Brave bunch!

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I'm with Bob on this one, superfluous apostrophes is one of my bugbears. I work in an industry with loads of abbreviations and people always add an apostrophe when making it plural

There used to be a sign outside the cafe (café?) at Silvermere stating "Panini's". The last time I looked, they'd blacked out the apostrophe but kept the multilingual, double plural. (Hmm, as it's Italian, it's not a cafe it's a bar)

My other irritation is "bra's". Not that the apostrophe is incorrect but that people complain that it is incorrect.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The amount of hype that the BBC put on Glastonbury. I couldn’t think of a worse place to spend a few days.
Went to Reading when Marillion were on (c 1984????) which was great. Went back a few years later and a pain. Wouldn't do a Glastonbury or IOW. Seems overpriced, over crowded and surely not value for money