Sky renewals

Mandofred

Visit site
What my wife's daughter did, was switch to satnet? which she gets through the Sky dish. Then she subscribed to NOW. Something I am thinking about doing when November rolls around. I'd still need an internet service though.....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hmm, seems the initial sky offer wasnt as good as I thought. Phoned them up today and basically told there was no offers of any substance they could offer me and wanted close to double what I was paying (and comfortably more than BT want for equivalent package). Have obviously told them Im leaving but less confident than in the past that they will return with an acceptable offer.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
What my wife's daughter did, was switch to satnet? which she gets through the Sky dish. Then she subscribed to NOW. Something I am thinking about doing when November rolls around. I'd still need an internet service though.....

I think you are referring to Freesat, it is indeed received through a Sky dish but you do need a tuner.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I did this a few months ago. I did my homework and knew the costs for the competition including BT & Virgin and said I could get a better deal elsewhere, and new customers were getting better deals. Eventually I got a price which was acceptable to me. We have Sky Q with two satellite boxes, Netflix, movies, broadband and phone. We don't have Kids and I cancelled sport as I realised I never really watched it.
Is undoubtedly a pain but they're not alone. A lot of companies rely on customers apathy for their income.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m currently paying £110 per month just for tv. Our broadband package is through BT as it’s FTTP. We have all of the tv channels. Plus Netflix, Disney+ etc. This was previously costing £60 per month, but the 18 month deal came to an end a month or so back and I haven’t had opportunity to get in touch. I’m off next week so will be trying to sort.

I don’t enjoy the dance you have to do. If I cancel as they’re unwilling to budge, could my wife not renew shortly afterwards as a ‘new customer’? Some of the deals they’re offering newcomers are comparable to what I was previously paying.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, half an hour on the phone yesterday and no real deal

" you are already getting deals applied automatically"

It is still less than a new customer but not the sort of deal that I had got previously. £64 for a all channels (without HDR 4k) compared to £69 for a new customer but that is still a 50% increase over the deal I got 2 years ago.

Would not transfer me to another department if I wanted to cancel they would do it now.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m currently paying £110 per month just for tv. Our broadband package is through BT as it’s FTTP. We have all of the tv channels. Plus Netflix, Disney+ etc. This was previously costing £60 per month, but the 18 month deal came to an end a month or so back and I haven’t had opportunity to get in touch. I’m off next week so will be trying to sort.

I don’t enjoy the dance you have to do. If I cancel as they’re unwilling to budge, could my wife not renew shortly afterwards as a ‘new customer’? Some of the deals they’re offering newcomers are comparable to what I was previously paying.
£110 a month just for tv?

That's crazy. I'd suggest you look at what you actually watch mm ore than once in a blue moon, and bin the rest.

I pay £31 a month to Sky for the Entertainment and Sports packs and £7 a month for a shared Netflix account. That does me fine.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

That's crazy. I'd suggest you look at what you actually watch mm ore than once in a blue moon, and bin the rest.

I pay £31 a month to Sky for the Entertainment and Sports packs and £7 a month for a shared Netflix account. That does me fine.
£31! How did you manage that?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I only pay £45 for the full shebang plus two additional boxes.

That’s TV only though, wouldn’t touch their broadband with a pole.
I dropped the golf and pay about £27 for entertainment.
Cheapest they would offer with sports was over £50.
Been a customer for >20 years too!
In Portugal this week and there is Sky Sports in the apartment. Will need to get golf back on at home over the summer.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dropped the golf and pay about £27 for entertainment.
Cheapest they would offer with sports was over £50.
Been a customer for >20 years too!
In Portugal this week and there is Sky Sports in the apartment. Will need to get golf back on at home over the summer.

In my case, it's who you know (having worked there for 15 years) :D

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yep mental how much price ramps up when outside the deal period. If I get no joy I’ll cancel and get the wife to rejoin as a new customer. Unless they prevent that somehow.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspected that might be an issue. Although there may be ways around it. Whatever the outcome, I won’t be paying £110 a month just for tv from 30 days time.

Move the account to another address and cancel the DD so that it can't be linked.

Their old CRM system used to be easy to fool, but the two replacements since have increased the safeguards.