Sky renewals

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£31! How did you manage that?

just haggled with them like mad a couple of years ago. insisted I wanted to leave, went thru to retentions who made me a couple of offers which I turned down, then they offered me a deal which would never expire (allegedly) and only goes up by the rate of inflation. been on that ever since.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They offered to reduce my package as is to £93 per month. If I removed Sky Cinema and Sky Kids this went to £78 per month (both deals had £5 savings for initial 4 months so £88 and £73 respectively). If I removed those and Sky Sports it went to £52 per month (£47 for first 4 months). This included Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions. Didn’t make a decision as I’m tempted to either take the whole thing out or reduce to £52 and use other means to watch sport. But not risking that over this weekend.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hmm, seems the initial sky offer wasnt as good as I thought. Phoned them up today and basically told there was no offers of any substance they could offer me and wanted close to double what I was paying (and comfortably more than BT want for equivalent package). Have obviously told them Im leaving but less confident than in the past that they will return with an acceptable offer.

Offer is now down to £54 a mth for Signature, Netflix and Sport all in HD/Ultra HD plus multiroom. Add another £25 a mth for BT sport (they wont discount)

Getting closer but still on the high side

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Offer is now down to £54 a mth for Signature, Netflix and Sport all in HD/Ultra HD plus multiroom. Add another £25 a mth for BT sport (they wont discount)

Getting closer but still on the high side

Who is your broadband with? I get BT Sport on sky for free from bt.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
plse explain how :)

my broadband and mobiles both with bt, theyre the next renewal discussion lol

BT will, or used to, give us the sport for fiver when we had BT broadband. Sky cannot discount it as it is not their channel but BT would give it away cheap to keep a Broadband customer.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
BT will, or used to, give us the sport for fiver when we had BT broadband. Sky cannot discount it as it is not their channel but BT would give it away cheap to keep a Broadband customer.

How long ago was that Greg? Not seen/heard of an offer like that for quite a few years

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only got it for the first year with BT broadband.

They are the next to go because we now have Gigaclear in our area

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
plse explain how :)

my broadband and mobiles both with bt, theyre the next renewal discussion lol

Same as I do with sky, I call to cancel and they offered to discount the bt sport for 24 months about 12 months ago.

With sky, I always go through with the cancellation and then get a deal showing on my box after a week or two that’s far better than they offer me over the phone.

shane3003

Visit site
I was actually impressed recently with discussing my renewal and the ease in which agreeing a new a package price. I just spoke with them on the online chat and 15 minutes later agreed a better price keeping the same package.
I’ve got full TV including Sport, Cinema, UHD etc, including Netflix and broadband. It wasn’t a lot cheaper but circa £10 a month, and I was hoping to just keep it the same.
Previously it felt like hard work and having to cancel and then dealer with the ‘bring back’ team.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was actually impressed recently with discussing my renewal and the ease in which agreeing a new a package price. I just spoke with them on the online chat and 15 minutes later agreed a better price keeping the same package.
I’ve got full TV including Sport, Cinema, UHD etc, including Netflix and broadband. It wasn’t a lot cheaper but circa £10 a month, and I was hoping to just keep it the same.
Previously it felt like hard work and having to cancel and then dealer with the ‘bring back’ team.

how much are you paying?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had Sky ring me out of the blue this morning. They thanked me for my loyalty (22 years, 7 months and 15 days apparently) and then proceeded to knock £10 a month off my bill without me even asking for anything. And this new offer also includes free Netflix so double winner :)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just had Sky ring me out of the blue this morning. They thanked me for my loyalty (22 years, 7 months and 15 days apparently) and then proceeded to knock £10 a month off my bill without me even asking for anything. And this new offer also includes free Netflix so double winner :)
Were you still an existing customer?