Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who knows if it will or not but no reason it cannot happen before the election so I assume it will.

And the Consumer Duty legislation will be irrelevant as most will be done with IFA input and if IFAs are involved the tax benefits of this "extra" 5k will be obvious and logical for the IFA and the client as there will be plenty of choice of choice and it makes Financial sense to have a decent allocation to UK assets

I will add my 5k as soon as it hopefully launches
FT Adviser seems to think Consumer Duty is an issue, but guess you know best.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who knows if it will or not but no reason it cannot happen before the election so I assume it will.

And the Consumer Duty legislation will be irrelevant as most will be done without IFA input and if IFAs are involved the tax benefits of this "extra" 5k will be obvious and logical for the IFA and the client as there will be plenty of choice of choice and it makes Financial sense to have a decent allocation to UK assets

I will add my 5k as soon as it hopefully launches

Without going into the detail incl the Consumer Duty that @rudebhoy mentioned.. i think it is a election soundbite gimmick.. But i would rather have it than not. Gives people with money more options

The reason i am out.
1) ROI: I dont think the pure British ISA can deliver an ROI that requires me to put a ringfenced 5k in it. We dont have enuf companies to drive the ROI. I would rather put that in somehting that will give me 10-15% returns e.g. Mag 7 stocks, S&P tracker etc. Unfortunately, the LSE is not the hotbed of listing at the moment.
2) Flexibility: Even if invest in it, it will have very limited options. So if i want to switch from Unilever to say Tesla (which i hold in my regular ISA), i wont be able to. Unless Govt decides i can move money around. But this will be a logistical challenge.
3) Money: I have never been able to max my ISA, so no way can i afford anothr 5k esp on a low ROI product.

1710326893185.png

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without going into the detail incl the Consumer Duty that @rudebhoy mentioned.. i think it is a election soundbite gimmick.. But i would rather have it than not. Gives people with money more options

The reason i am out.
1) ROI: I dont think the pure British ISA can deliver an ROI that requires me to put a ringfenced 5k in it. We dont have enuf companies to drive the ROI. I would rather put that in somehting that will give me 10-15% returns e.g. Mag 7 stocks, S&P tracker etc. Unfortunately, the LSE is not the hotbed of listing at the moment.
2) Flexibility: Even if invest in it, it will have very limited options. So if i want to switch from Unilever to say Tesla (which i hold in my regular ISA), i wont be able to. Unless Govt decides i can move money around. But this will be a logistical challenge.
3) Money: I have never been able to max my ISA, so no way can i afford anothr 5k esp on a low ROI product.

View attachment 52342

My takes:
  • I don't think it is a gimmick if it is launched and can't believe they would have used the budget to announce if they do no intend to launch before the election
  • It may not suit you or many people - it is only relevant for those that will use the 20k normal ISA first. But for those people, either with or without IFA input, it makes a lot of sense.
  • The UK stockmarket is one of the largest and one of the cheapest in the world and more fund managers and commentators are recognising this after a multi-year period of underperformance. The rally seen in the Magnificent 7 has been extraudinary but i cannot see that continuing. Indeed last night i read that Bezos, Zuckerberg and Jamie Dimon had accelerated selling stakes in their companies - Dimon also commenting recently that the world is in a very dangerous place.
  • But either way, despite the UK stockmarket lagging, having very cheap valuations and high dividend yields is a very attractive proposition in a tax-free wrapper.
  • Fiscal drag over recent years has been awful and tax take is at an all-time high - any option to ameleriate this is something i will grab

Red devil

Visit site
My takes:
  • I don't think it is a gimmick if it is launched and can't believe they would have used the budget to announce if they do no intend to launch before the election
  • It may not suit you or many people - it is only relevant for those that will use the 20k normal ISA first. But for those people, either with or without IFA input, it makes a lot of sense.
  • The UK stockmarket is one of the largest and one of the cheapest in the world and more fund managers and commentators are recognising this after a multi-year period of underperformance. The rally seen in the Magnificent 7 has been extraudinary but i cannot see that continuing. Indeed last night i read that Bezos, Zuckerberg and Jamie Dimon had accelerated selling stakes in their companies - Dimon also commenting recently that the world is in a very dangerous place.
  • But either way, despite the UK stockmarket lagging, having very cheap valuations and high dividend yields is a very attractive proposition in a tax-free wrapper.
  • Fiscal drag over recent years has been awful and tax take is at an all-time high - any option to ameleriate this is something i will grab
"The Treasury has published a consultation paper with a deadline of June 6, meaning that the earliest the UK Isa will be up and running is in the 2025/26 tax year."
That was from the Times 09/03

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was on the Peloton this morning, first time in 2 weeks, really pushed it and has absolutely destroyed me.
Ended up being sick, felt like pre-season training again 😂😂

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
£110 increase on my car insurance, I'm a year older and do 4k miles a year at most.
I don't know if you realise that low mileage should decrease your premium.
Since I've retired my mileage has decreased considerably. Spoke to insurance company and they reduced the premium by at least fifty quid. Every little helps 👍