Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must have 'slept funny' as I can't move my neck today. That has to be one of the human body's worst malfunctions - getting injured while sleeping. It's not exactly athletic activity is it?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Should I continue to use the phrase "a tall order" rather than adopt the ridiculous "a big ask" ?

People already seem to think I'm odd when I continue use "nose-to-tail" for one one thing followed by another thing (eg birdies) rather than "back to back" which can not mean the same thing and yet in common usage it does somehow.

But "a big ask" ?
Where and when did that one start?
Was there any need for "a tall order" to be "chucked"?
You could use the term "b@ll ache".

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my blood taken today, trainee male nurse, had a nightmare poking my right arm, had to switch to the left, arms in bits now as well.
Doesn’t help that I absolutely hate needles 🙈

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got my blood taken today, trainee male nurse, had a nightmare poking my right arm, had to switch to the left, arms in bits now as well.
Had the same issue at my last diabetic review. Couldn't get anything from the left arm so tried the right and both ended up in massive bruises. I made sure I had drunk plenty as its easier to get blood if you are hydrated.

Red devil

Visit site
The lady who took the bloods at our local hospital was a master of her craft. Could spot a vein at a 1000 yds in the fog.
The statement "First time, everytime " should be her epitaph

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The lady who took the bloods at our local hospital was a master of her craft. Could spot a vein at a 1000 yds in the fog.
The statement "First time, everytime " should be her epitaph
To be fair 9/10 are very good but this practice nurse, who I have seen before and had bloods taken by with no issues, had a real hard time. As I said I ensured I was hydrated to ensure the veins were easier to access. My wife is rubbish at having bloods done and very hard to get a vein and bruises so easily and it will last for weeks

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Had mine taken couple of week back,took 3 attempts to get it.
Also hate needles,had right sweat on.
Had a big bruise on my arm a few days later.