Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fourballs. No it's not. It's better ball. Ok so the yanks have their own term but no reason for the few European commentators/pundits to adopt it too.

I usually love The Solheim Cup but this is proving a hard watch. Scoreline doesn't help but it's more the commentators and total tit announcing on the 1st tee that is doing my head in.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Hope the NHS fills the appointment guilt trip wasn't needed tho.
You read the intent wrong! That reply wasn’t even to Bob and was actually agreeing with Bobs point about them sending appointments out first!
How many would be wasted if the situation was the same as Bob.

Read the actual post, not what you think is being said.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Fourballs. No it's not. It's better ball. Ok so the yanks have their own term but no reason for the few European commentators/pundits to adopt it too.

I usually love The Solheim Cup but this is proving a hard watch. Scoreline doesn't help but it's more the commentators and total tit announcing on the 1st tee that is doing my head in.
Looks like the British Broadcasting Corporation might also be in your bad books 😐

aviary-image-1726251833518.jpeg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Just to add a little historical context from over 100yrs ago…what we call fourball better ball we originally called (at least by Vardon) four-ball foursomes…with ‘better ball’ nowhere in sight 🙄.

Could the ‘better ball’ aspect have been just one way of scoring for a side? I suppose another could be that a side scores the sum of the score of each of the two players. Dunno.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

I wouldn't say the Americans "have their own term"... the term FourBall is defined in the RoG and rule 23 is devoted to it.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wouldn't say the Americans "have their own term"... the term FourBall is defined in the RoG and rule 23 is devoted to it.
I’ve always thought the term was four ball better ball. Truncating it to 4 ball makes sense to me.

ps I’m irritated by anti-American sentiment. Or anti-French, German, English etc.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

To be fair, I’m sure it’s referred to as “fourballs” in Sky coverage of both the Solheim and Ryder Cup when those events are staged in Europe.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Insect bites. Early 18 yesterday before work. Legs out. No repellant. I have 4 bites that are nasty. Two on one knee, one on the other and even one on a little finger. Had to get antihistamines today and chemist says they've had loads of people in with bites this week.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Insect bites. Early 18 yesterday before work. Legs out. No repellant. I have 4 bites that are nasty. Two on one knee, one on the other and even one on a little finger. Had to get antihistamines today and chemist says they've had loads of people in with bites this week.
Does seem bad atm - I was bitten at least 4 times playing golf this afternoon.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
NHS Lincolnshire.
Specifically, the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening department.
Totally out of the blue, I get a letter telling me they've made an appointment for me to attend a screening appointment 15 miles away in October.
They go on to say if I can't make the appointment I have to let them know ASAP.
Is this a normal thing for men 64 or over?
Yes but I had mine at 58
It’s to check if you are at risk from an Aneurysm, which is very nasty, and if you can avoid having one, it’s a good thing , so do it 👍