Random Irritations

Mandofred

Visit site
Been saying I was going to do it for ages.
Only paid £41 pm.
But even that it’s really not worth it for us.
They’ll no doubt phone me in the cancellation period to offer me a “better deal”.
Don't get me going......I still wonder if I should kill everything off when my contract is up with Virgin. Only paying £52? a month for internet and 2 boxes with a basic package. I can live with that. Step daughter has NOW tv without the cable company....seems good. Still need internet though so it's hard to break the Virgin addiction.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Bought a cheap smartwatch, something not worried about bashing whilst dog walking, jobs & so on.
It's fine, does what expected, apart from half of the watch face options show a date in mm-dd format 😡
No option to change it. Find it so irritating I just can't look at them.
Although it will almost certainly be Chinese made, I'm still blaming those pesky 'muricans for coming up with the back to front idea!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Heating on for the first time this evening - felt a bit chilly and the thermostat was showing 12-13 degrees - just for an hour to make sure everything was working OK.

We usually do that anyway (if I remember) before it is needed, to avoid upset and a 3-week wait for the engineer to come when the rest of the nation turns theirs on at the same time to find a lot of the them don't want to play.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
NHS Lincolnshire.
Specifically, the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening department.
Totally out of the blue, I get a letter telling me they've made an appointment for me to attend a screening appointment 15 miles away in October.
They go on to say if I can't make the appointment I have to let them know ASAP.
Is this a normal thing for men 64 or over?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
NHS Lincolnshire.
Totally out of the blue, I get a letter telling me they've made an appointment for me to attend a screening appointment 15 miles away in October.
I was 65 or 66 when they did my AAA screening. It's just an ultrasound scan, nothing to be concerned about. I'm in Devon, guess it's probably a national campaign, like the bowel cancer screening.

Definitely worth finding out if you have a AAA before it blows!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
NHS Lincolnshire.
No idea, but I would certainly go. If that part of you ruptures I think your chance of survival is slim.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@KenL really cold this morning the wife said even she was cold and said can we put the downstairs toilet underfloor heating back on (goes off for summer) as it's right on corner of house with no rad in there and gets very cold.

Must be cold if the dragon is cold lol 😆

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My irritation is they booked the appointment without asking me first.
Whilst I understand your frustration, would you have booked a screening if they just emailed and offered? I had similar recently with a health check up. I would probably have ignored it as I think I am healthy but as they had booked it I was obliged to go. As it happens, everything is ok but good to know