Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I get the idea that its important to have it done, and I will, but my original question was..... do other parts of the country just book an appointment for people without asking, as that was my irritation

NearHull

Visit site
I get the idea that its important to have it done, and I will, but my original question was..... do other parts of the country just book an appointment for people without asking, as that was my irritation
I have ongoing eye injections. The Hospital books me in at their convenience, I change the appointment if necessary.
Whilst it is a bit irritating, I get that their aim is to maximise resources.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For that test specifically I’m not sure. But women get breast screening appointments automatically.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My sky remote has suddenly unpaired with my sound box / TV. I've tried to pair it back, unplugged the box, nothing. Looked online, it seems to happen randomly, usually after an update. It may start up again, it may not 🙄.

In the meantime, I've gone from one universal remote to 3. It's just messy ☹

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Should I continue to use the phrase "a tall order" rather than adopt the ridiculous "a big ask" ?

People already seem to think I'm odd when I continue use "nose-to-tail" for one one thing followed by another thing (eg birdies) rather than "back to back" which can not mean the same thing and yet in common usage it does somehow.

But "a big ask" ?
Where and when did that one start?
Was there any need for "a tall order" to be "chucked"?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Should I continue to use the phrase "a tall order" rather than adopt the ridiculous "a big ask" ?

People already seem to think I'm odd when I continue use "nose-to-tail" for one one thing followed by another thing (eg birdies) rather than "back to back" which can not mean the same thing and yet in common usage it does somehow.

But "a big ask" ?
Where and when did that one start?
Was there any need for "a tall order" to be "chucked"?
I don’t like “big ask”, however I’ve never heard anyone saying nose to tail birdies.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I don’t like “big ask”, however I’ve never heard anyone saying nose to tail birdies.
It is s strange one. I don't think I ever said "nose to to tail birdies" until after I heard "back to back birdies" being said. Can't remember exactly when that was. Fairly long time ago, I imagine.
I might have first heard it being used by an American sports commentator. I would have ignored it, in that case.

I think I would have said, "consecutive", but more likely I would not have had to say anything at all, but merely, "at the 9th and 10th", for example.

"Back to back" implies facing away from each other. I can not accept that this can mean "one followed by another" so I simply can not use it that way.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Screaming fans. I mean literally screaming. Not cheering not even squealing - full blown screaming. Who even does that?!

I might explode this afternoon. Ok I am going to have to put the footie on.

I have...
It's why the Beatles gave up playing live. They could have sung "Hokey Cokey" and no-one would have known.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spanish bacon - how can a country that does such great cured meats get a basic like bacon so wrong? In Cadiz at the moment and had some cracking jamon but the bacon on the breakfast buffet is just flaccid rubbish that looks like it has been boiled. Not even proper back bacon either.