Random Irritations

RichA

Visit site
That’s really unusual. Must be an issue with the GPS signal where you were. Or a vehicle issue - daft as this sounds, whenever I deliver a Jaguar at work, especially slightly older models, I have found it virtually impossible to get a GPS signal in the car - it’s like driving a mobile nuclear bunker.
I don't think so. The display of my location is seamless; it's just the speed that's jumping around. And the location was a 100 mile stretch of the M11, A14 and A1.
My guess would be that they'll do an update that makes the speed shown a little less dynamic.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have you had a diagnosis? Can't remember if you were waiting for a scan?
waiting for and MRI and an appointment with Orthopedics. got some really strong pain killers on Monday, and there was some improvement, but they only worked for a day or so its back now to zero movement. so much so i had to drop out of a work conference yesterday and work from home. i couldn't even get out of bed yester5day morning and wasnt much better today, using a stick at work

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
waiting for and MRI and an appointment with Orthopedics. got some really strong pain killers on Monday, and there was some improvement, but they only worked for a day or so its back now to zero movement. so much so i had to drop out of a work conference yesterday and work from home. i couldn't even get out of bed yester5day morning and wasnt much better today, using a stick at work

So sorry to hear that. Sounds like you've done something nasty to be in such pain. A friend in the village hurt her knee - she'd fractured the patella and still not sure how!

Swango1980

Visit site

The driver is a Moron and so is the judge.
I agree, although the title was a bit misleading. I thought he was going 160 mph, which is incredible on any road. However, reading the article says it was 100 mph.

Regardless, 100 mph is still crazy fast on any road, especially a 60mph limit. I thought the only mitigation for any such offence would be literally life or death (rushing someone to hospital who can't breath, or getting away from people firing a gun at you, that type of thing). Not picking up your mum from the airport.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I agree, although your title was a bit misleading. I thought he was going 160 mph, which is incredible on any road. However, reading the article says it was 100 mph.

Regardless, 100 mph is still crazy fast on any road, especially a 60mph limit. I thought the only mitigation for any such offence would be literally life or death (rushing someone to hospital who can't breath, or getting away from people firing a gun at you, that type of thing). Not picking up your mum from the airport.

I think the article has been edited since Tash quoted it. I also read 100mph OVER the speed limit. Seems that isn’t what happened.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID managing to hit a traffic island. Don't ask and seriously thought we'd done a lot of damage. Took it back gingerly to the garage we've used for years. Tyre ok (felt sure we'd had punctured it) and done the suspension but apparently just the wheel bearing after a thorough inspection. No idea how she did it but scared the life out of me

RichA

Visit site
I've bought Muckboots once before. They look nice but the quality is absolute 💩💩💩. Their UK Trustpilot reviews are quite interesting.
I've found the cheap ones from Homebase are more comfortable and last about 10 times longer.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Avoid Lumo trains if you’re going golfing. I only just got on with my clubs as it was the last train to Edinburgh.

The amount of “luggage guidance” they have would make Ryanair blush.

Red devil

Visit site
Avoid Lumo trains if you’re going golfing. I only just got on with my clubs as it was the last train to Edinburgh.

The amount of “luggage guidance” they have would make Ryanair blush.
Yes, just checked their website, golf clubs only allowed at their discretion.
Good job you didn't get a jobsworth

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, just checked their website, golf clubs only allowed at their discretion.
Good job you didn't get a jobsworth
She wasn’t having any of it to start with. I think she thought I was part of a group but once realised I was on my jack jones she grudgingly let me on.
But I now realise that they are the rail equivalent of Ryanair. Maximum occupancy, minimal frills.