Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ch 4. Alfie Hewitt in the final set of the final. Not only do they cut to ads BUT a long ad break which misses entire games. Joke. Shame on them.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sainsbury needs to open a store in Boston.

Once know as "Beantown" before all the bean canneries closed decades ago,
we don't have Branston beans here.

As an appreciator of legumes, I'd be anxious to try them after such a rousing endorsement.
I presume from that you do not get Branston Pickle* either, if not you are missing one of the great pickles.

*Some might call it chutney.

A few years back the factory burnt down and a lot of hoarding went on ( including me).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The plumber who installed the heating system in my house.
He put the drain cock down so low that it is nearly impossible to get a hose on it without a kink in the hose.
I was going to change it but it ended up under a kitchen cupboard unit, behind a support leg and there is no way to get a spanner in.

In addition is my annoyance is with myself, the heating system was totally drained down when the new kitchen went in and I should have moved it then.

D-S

Visit site
Faro Airport - it’s almost as if umpteen flights a day arriving from non EU countries are a total surprise for which they have had no time to prepare. If only someone could devise some sort of timetable that might help them.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Faro Airport - it’s almost as if umpteen flights a day arriving from non EU countries are a total surprise for which they have had no time to prepare. If only someone could devise some sort of timetable that might help them.
It’s a nightmare. Took us an hour and a half to get through passport control last month, total chaos. Those marble stairs are an accident waiting to happen.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, BBC2 radio, we all know you had a bit of a gig this weekend in Preston - you really don't need to mention it between every song.
As painful as the Glastonbury weekend? We have switched to Greatest Hits at work now but we flip back to JV at midday. I'll steel myself for the annoyance.

D-S

Visit site
Request for reviews. Been on holiday less than 24 hours and have received emails asking for reviews of flight, car hire pick up, hotel check-in, tee time booking satisfaction, and how the hotel has been so far.
Make a donation to charity and I’ll probably do one, enter me for a prize draw and I might, give me some loyalty points and I will. Otherwise leave me alone and pay for your market research.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Request for reviews. Been on holiday less than 24 hours and have received emails asking for reviews of flight, car hire pick up, hotel check-in, tee time booking satisfaction, and how the hotel has been so far.
Make a donation to charity and I’ll probably do one, enter me for a prize draw and I might, give me some loyalty points and I will. Otherwise leave me alone and pay for your market research.

Totally get the irritation and shame that companies spend time chasing feedback for decent (normal) service
Way too many online screamers when e.g a delivery is late (acting like they’ve lost a pet) or folks are goaded into using social media to shame companies for the real, and often the not so real, sub-standard service, means companies will chase to redress the impact however they can

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The 22:53 train Alton train from Waterloo being cancelled…and the 23:23 one being delayed ten minutes…don’t they know folks have to get home…and it takes over an hour to our station at that time of night 🙄