Random Irritations

Red devil

Visit site
She wasn’t having any of it to start with. I think she thought I was part of a group but once realised I was on my jack jones she grudgingly let me on.
But I now realise that they are the rail equivalent of Ryanair. Maximum occupancy, minimal frills.
I work on the rail and I'm embarrassed how often people go out of their way to make life difficult.
Last train of the day, who cares? Get on. Should be the approach

Red devil

Visit site
She wasn’t having any of it to start with. I think she thought I was part of a group but once realised I was on my jack jones she grudgingly let me on.
But I now realise that they are the rail equivalent of Ryanair. Maximum occupancy, minimal frills.
Was it busy?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've bought Muckboots once before. They look nice but the quality is absolute 💩💩💩. Their UK Trustpilot reviews are quite interesting.
I've found the cheap ones from Homebase are more comfortable and last about 10 times longer.

I've muckboots and the quality is great. I didn't pay anywhere near that price though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It did quieten down a bit at Newcastle.
Won’t use them again for the sake of saving £40.
We used them a week ago, Morpeth to Edinburgh. Not because of price, just a convenient time. On time, did the job well for standard travel and importantly in recent times, their drivers haven't been involved in strike action. Whilst LNER have been cancelling trains, Lumon have been reliable.

Good to know about luggage restrictions but I wouldn't dismiss them based on this experience alone.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
We used them a week ago, Morpeth to Edinburgh. Not because of price, just a convenient time. On time, did the job well for standard travel and importantly in recent times, their drivers haven't been involved in strike action. Whilst LNER have been cancelling trains, Lumon have been reliable.

Good to know about luggage restrictions but I wouldn't dismiss them based on this experience alone.
I would because of their attitude about it.

Train crew switched at Newcastle and when I got off in Edinburgh the new crew asked me if I’d been spoken to about my clubs, I said yes and she the. Proceeded to give me another lecture.

Just being on time (basically doing the bare minimum expected) is not enough.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the paralympics, why did our relay team set a new 'Area Record'?
It's a British and European record!
Where did this 'area record' eminate from?

Red devil

Visit site
I would because of their attitude about it.

Train crew switched at Newcastle and when I got off in Edinburgh the new crew asked me if I’d been spoken to about my clubs, I said yes and she the. Proceeded to give me another lecture.

Just being on time (basically doing the bare minimum expected) is not enough.
The fact that well after midnight someone could be bothered about your golf clubs instead of getting off home beggars belief but I'm not surprised. Then they wonder why the railway is held in low regard

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The fact that well after midnight someone could be bothered about your golf clubs instead of getting off home beggars belief but I'm not surprised. Then they wonder why the railway is held in low regard
Excuse me being simple minded here, but the reason Lumo are cheap is because they fill their bike and luggage spaces with seats.
They make it very clear in all their T&Cs that you can't take anything bigger than hand luggage.
Who is being unreasonable here?
If I turned up at the gates at Luton with a set of golf clubs and a 20kg suitcase and they didn't let me in would anyone think it was easyjet fault?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excuse me being simple minded here, but the reason Lumo are cheap is because they fill their bike and luggage spaces with seats.
They make it very clear in all their T&Cs that you can't take anything bigger than hand luggage.
Who is being unreasonable here?
If I turned up at the gates at Luton with a set of golf clubs and a 20kg suitcase and they didn't let me in would anyone think it was easyjet fault?
They have luggage stores and they didn’t seem to mind people with massive suitcases getting on and putting th in the luggage stores. One guy was struggling with a case about as big as him whereas my golf bag can be lifted with one hand. Not to mention that my golf bag takes up considerably less space.

I think the easyjet analogy is a bit disingenuous as you would have to book clubs specifically with them.

I bought my tickets via Trainline and it didn’t mention a single thing about luggage restrictions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trying to get the grass cut before the rain comes, get 3/4 of the way through and the handle detaches itself on one side..pushing is now impossible so I had to finish off pulling the bloody thing
Jeez I hate cutting grass....gonna concrete the whole damn lot:mad:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Trying to get the grass cut before the rain comes, get 3/4 of the way through and the handle detaches itself on one side..pushing is now impossible so I had to finish off pulling the bloody thing
Jeez I hate cutting grass....gonna concrete the whole damn lot:mad:
Elaine just commented that Gardening doesn’t seem to be an “Ian” thing.

She then asked me what is an “Ian” thing?

I replied “moaning about everything”

Chortle 🤭🤭🤭😬

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Elaine just commented that Gardening doesn’t seem to be an “Ian” thing.

She then asked me what is an “Ian” thing?

I replied “moaning about everything”

Chortle 🤭🤭🤭😬
May your left ear wither and fall into your right pocket.......ancient curse ;)
Or is that curse for the ancient :unsure: