Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolutely freezing this morning, I've had to dig a jumper out for the first time. That's summer over for another year then.
Just back from walking the dogs. Beautiful sunshine but biting cold wind. 7 degrees, "feels like" 5 according to the Met Office.

Passed some woman taking her kid to school. She had a vest top on (the woman, not the kid).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from walking the dogs. Beautiful sunshine but biting cold wind. 7 degrees, "feels like" 5 according to the Met Office.

Passed some woman taking her kid to school. She had a vest top on (the woman, not the kid).

You get that all year round tho. It will be 20 degrees outside and some people will still be wearing thick winter coats! It's madness

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You get that all year round tho. It will be 20 degrees outside and some people will still be wearing thick winter coats! It's madness
There is a lad in my office who's been wearing a gilet over his shirt all summer long. I guess some people feel the heat/cold differently.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a lad in my office who's been wearing a gilet over his shirt all summer long. I guess some people feel the heat/cold differently.
My brother and I are chalk and cheese when it comes to how hot/cold we feel. He wears shorts and tee shirts all year round just occasionally dons a fleece on his top. At the same time I might have trousers, long sleeved polo and a jumper on.
He loves it when temps are in the high 20s I just want to pass out.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
I play throughout the winter and it has to be really extreme for me not to wear shorts. I hate waterproof trousers. They accumulate mud all the way up (ours is a very wet course).
But.. my torso, arms and neck will be well protected.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Mrs sends a birthday card on 6th August from Ayrshire to IOW Hampshire
She rang him a few days later to wish him Happy Birthday.
Seemingly the card had not arrived,
Two days ago the card finally arrived.

With a bit of detective work from a stamp with letters and numbers on my wife worked out that it had travelled to South Australia and back

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Got back from Tesco just before midday, then it started sleeting as I unloaded the car. Sipping hot black coffee now as I watch more of it coming down.
Golf tomorrow morning - 8:18am tee off.
Brrrrh !!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hung a washing out about an hour or so ago…it’s been lashing down ever since I thought a short burst of rain would be it…so left it out. Washing is now sopping wet. It never rains but it pours seems appropriate these days.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday my wife said the screenwash in her car had run out. So I filled it up. Today she tells me it's still not working.

Going online, I discover that it's a well-known problem with Hyundai that there's a filter in the washer pump that gets clogged up.
Tomorrow I'm going to have to take off a wheel and remove the wheel arch cover to get at the filter.

In nearly 50 years of motoring, I've never come across this problem before. Hyundai must be doing something weird.
And if it's a common problem, why the hell make it such a faff to get at the filter to unclog it? 🤬

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Are you anywhere near Seville/Cadiz? Going there on Saturday for a few days in each

About 4.5 hours away. Seville is amazing, absolutely stunning. My favourite city in Spain. Cadiz was disappointing. Maybe with its history I expected more.