Random Irritations

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Not a chance our heating is going on until October at the earliest,Barnsley folk are made of sterner stuff than that.
My old man likes to remind me that he grew up without central heating & had a outside toilet šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has no-one got a thermostat? They are great - if the inside temperature drops below a certain level, then on it comes. Otherwise it doesnā€™t. Doesnā€™t matter what of year it is. You should think of getting one ... :)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Has no-one got a thermostat? They are great - if the inside temperature drops below a certain level, then on it comes. Otherwise it doesnā€™t. Doesnā€™t matter what of year it is. You should think of getting one ... :)
whats an acceptable temp to have it set before it kicks in, in your opinion?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

We have our heating on all year round with the thermostat dictating if it comes on or not. At this time of year I find it can get a bit chilly around 5-6pm so turn it up a bit to take the chill off :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

we have one but its slightly different. we dont want the heating blasting on all the time.. we use hive but only really in the depths of winter. .we set the base of the house at 16/17 degree so if the hallway gets to that the whole house gets a boost.. but when it gets into winter we boost it for 2 hours morning and night and thats it. also with zones on the upstairs radiators. it all works well. until the wife gets hot and puts the AC on in the kitchen to cool off

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Think we've got it set at a min of 15 at night, and 18 in the day. It's come on briefly over the last couple of days, but other than, that dont think its kicked in since aboy April
Mines currently showing 17 & Iā€™m fine in shorts & tshirt.
Will turn it on when the dog gets cold.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a chance our heating is going on until October at the earliest,Barnsley folk are made of sterner stuff than that.
My old man likes to remind me that he grew up without central heating & had a outside toilet šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Are we related? My old man was the same - still is! If you can put a jumper on, no need for heating

RichA

Visit site
Are we related? My old man was the same - still is! If you can put a jumper on, no need for heating
Likewise, although my old man's from Rotherham, a good 10 miles away from Barnsley.
And I was born and grew up in Notts, but you can't deny what's in your DNA so I removed and hid the fuse for the heating in April. It'll go back in the day after the first frost.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Different generation.
If people didnā€™t have access to social media for 48hrs itā€™d be the end of the world,how can you have a nice meal,spend time with your family without posting a photo of it?
And whatā€™s the point in going to the gym if you canā€™t ā€œcheck inā€ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Friends (the TV sitcom)

We're on holiday and in the evening we've been partaking in the hotel quiz in the amphitheatre. Took us a couple of goes to get into the swing of things and realise that speed of answer (via mobile app) was also critical.

After finishing 13th out of 32 the first night and then 9th out of 42 teams a couple of nights ago we felt ready to make our assault on the top of the leaderboard this evening.

Question 1 - we smash it in 1.4 seconds and there we sit, at the top of the leader board all the way until the end of round 4.

Final round gets announced...the TV sitcom Friends.

My daughter (23) says..."over to you two...this is your era". I look at my wife and say "over to you dear...I've never seen a single episode". She looks back at me and says "neither have I"!!!

Three minutes and 5 questions later we have added 1 point to our score and plummeted down to 7th.šŸ¤¬