Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Amen to that. I stopped going to big gigs years ago. They are simply "events" where the adoring faithful lap it all up as though it was the second coming. The only thing that's important for them is to Be There.

Example: Managed to get tickets for Kate Bush's Before the Dawn show back in 2014. As a big KB fan I was very much looking forward to it. Yes it was very well done, but the way the audience (and media) reacted was just over the top uncritical adulation. She could have taken a dump on stage and they would still have cheered.
Not being televised allegedly although I am sure it will be filmed somewhere. I think the prices will be astronomical. I agree this could have happened years ago and staged for the anniversary of the album

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sounds rough. Hopefully can be fixed. Maybe in time, if necessary, a recumbent??
i wouldnt even contemplate a Recumbent, i do mostly offroad and some of the trails just couldn't accommodate one. there is also the issue of getting on it cant bend down too far so wouldnt be able to get on one anyway.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Or maybe a new knee?
I've no idea of your age, but, although the knee surgeon I saw didn't specifically say, he hinted that I'm too young at 66!
Andy Murray has kind of a new knee...
My wife has a friend in her early 60s who had a new knee October last year. It's taken her a while to get going with it, but I think she's looking much better now. They are harder to recover from than hip replacements I think.
On the upside, I suspect that a non load bearing exercise like cycling would work pretty well with it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was a never a massive fan of them but their music was always very good
They have been going on about a reunion for years and this will sell out within minutes - looks like they will have Wembley 10 nights on the bounce with their toxic relationship it will be interesting to see if they last that long but hopefully they do for the fans that will pay a lot of money.
I just don't get all the hysteria about them reforming and I'd not bother going, even if offered free tickets!

A Pink Floyd reunion, however ................................. yes please!

Mandofred

Visit site
i wouldnt even contemplate a Recumbent, i do mostly offroad and some of the trails just couldn't accommodate one. there is also the issue of getting on it cant bend down too far so wouldnt be able to get on one anyway.
I'm an ex-recumbent rider. Yeah....not made for anything technical. If I went back to biking I wouldn't consider anything else though on the roads.....what a pleasure to get off the bike without wondering if I could stand up....no butt ache....nothing hurt, just a bit tired.

Although....you need to look into recumbents. I had a higher one (Becchetta)....no bending needed. There a LOT of different types of recumbents out there these days.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I just don't get all the hysteria about them reforming and I'd not bother going, even if offered free tickets!

Not much chance of a Pink Floyd reunion Gilmore and Waters make the Gallagher brothers look like best of pals😂. I got tickets for Aussie Floyd in November and they are brilliant

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Completed a 25km walk around Woolwich, City Airport and Greenwich on Saturday. Towards the end, came round a corner and saw a paramedic arriving to help a woman who had collapsed and was getting CPR from other walkers. Found out today from the walk organisers that the woman had sadly died. She was raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust and they also posted a link to her fundraising page. On the plus side, lots of the other walkers have donated.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Little bit difficult that one, maybe with CGI Rick Wright and Syd Barrett

I did enjoy Nick Mason doing all the old stuff with his Saucerful of Secrets tour, currently doing the rounds ( I saw it on Sky Arts or BBC4)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not much chance of a Pink Floyd reunion Gilmore and Waters make the Gallagher brothers look like best of pals😂. I got tickets for Aussie Floyd in November and they are brilliant
They are more than brilliant.....close your eyes and you cannot tell the difference, and thats a live performance.
I've seen them twice:)
You seeing them at Hammersmith?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Little bit difficult that one, maybe with CGI Rick Wright and Syd Barrett

I did enjoy Nick Mason doing all the old stuff with his Saucerful of Secrets tour, currently doing the rounds ( I saw it on Sky Arts or BBC4)
Saw Floyd at Earls Court int he 90's, along with my wife, brother his wife and a few friends. Awesome.
My brothers also seen Roger Waters back in the 80's at the Berlin Wall, and recently at the O2. He loved the Berlin Wall show, but the O2 performance has put him right off Raoger Waters now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw them a few years ago concert only spoiled by the audience ( I cannot stand all the hooping and hollering you get these days). One of the times I saw Floyd at the Rainbow (1972) apart from the music you could barely hear another sound mind you they were doing dark Side of the Moon for the first time (before it was recorded and released as album).

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are more than brilliant.....close your eyes and you cannot tell the difference, and thats a live performance.
I've seen them twice:)
You seeing them at Hammersmith?

No Usher Hall in Edingburgh, I’ve also seen them twice , Second time was when I was due to fly home from Edinburgh and my brother(Golfmmad) phoned me to say his wife got 2 tickets to see them in Brighton and wanted me to come down to see them.

So changed my flight home and booked a flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick, had a great night seeing them again.

Also managed to get a few rounds in before I went home.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saw Floyd at Earls Court int he 90's, along with my wife, brother his wife and a few friends. Awesome.
My brothers also seen Roger Waters back in the 80's at the Berlin Wall, and recently at the O2. He loved the Berlin Wall show, but the O2 performance has put him right off Raoger Waters now.
I saw them at Earls Court on the Pulse tour which was brilliant especially Dark Side played in full

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does everyone else get this black cloud of depression hanging over them in the two or three weeks leading up to their birthday? Or is that just me? 🙁