Random Irritations

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Might end up more than a random irritation but I think I might be having my first gout flare up in a few years, typically when I’m away on a family holiday! Th KS fully we are near the end but unless I’m wrong in my diagnosis I suspect I’ll be packing the car tomorrow and coming home early otherwise I suspect even getting home will be a struggle.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The amount of rubbish being written on the BBC Sport website about Louis Rees-Zammit's chances of playing in the NFL. He was only with the Chiefs because of an international roster exemption. He had as much chance of making the 53-man roster as I did. He would not even make the 16-man practice squad but again there is an international roster exemption which may keep him in uniform. To be used as a tackling dummy. But to read the idiotic stuff on the BBC about his potential earnings, playing alongside Patrick Mahomes, how successful he could be, it's embarrasing. You might as well say that anyone on this forum could theoretically birdie every hole, get their handicap low enough, enter the Open as an amateur and win it. But I've been writing about this kind of mis-guided view of the NFL for 40 years so nothing is going to change now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The amount of rubbish being written on the BBC Sport website about Louis Rees-Zammit's chances of playing in the NFL. He was only with the Chiefs because of an international roster exemption. He had as much chance of making the 53-man roster as I did. He would not even make the 16-man practice squad but again there is an international roster exemption which may keep him in uniform. To be used as a tackling dummy. But to read the idiotic stuff on the BBC about his potential earnings, playing alongside Patrick Mahomes, how successful he could be, it's embarrasing. You might as well say that anyone on this forum could theoretically birdie every hole, get their handicap low enough, enter the Open as an amateur and win it. But I've been writing about this kind of mis-guided view of the NFL for 40 years so nothing is going to change now.
Hi stranger. How you doing. Missed your US sporting rants

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

The fuss about him even going was nauseating.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It has been going on for 30+ years. I was at the initial London Monarchs' press conference in late 1990 and Ellery Hanley was there kitted up. The joke was amongst the media who would play the most out of all of us. The answer of course was zero. In the past there have been similar non-stories about Johnny Wilkinson and Paul Thorburn. When I was presenting for Sky in 2002, a story like this came through and Kev Cadle and Nick Halling were trying to get me to talk it up. Yeah right.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It has been going on for 30+ years. I was at the initial London Monarchs' press conference in late 1990 and Ellery Hanley was there kitted up. The joke was amongst the media who would play the most out of all of us. The answer of course was zero. In the past there have been similar non-stories about Johnny Wilkinson and Paul Thorburn. When I was presenting for Sky in 2002, a story like this came through and Kev Cadle and Nick Halling were trying to get me to talk it up. Yeah right.
So why bother with the international exemption if no-one is going to make the grade. Seems a waste of time, money and effort

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So why bother with the international exemption if no-one is going to make the grade. Seems a waste of time, money and effort
The NFL has money to burn. And it helps promote the game to muppets who do not understand it as part of their International project. There was a British running back in the 1990s, Victor Ebukedike who went to the Jets' training camp. He was a grade one a-hole and the Jets wound up nearly killing the guy by not blocking for him and allowing the defenders clean shots at him. Same thing happened at the 1995 Monarchs' camp when he was there. I had a great off-the-record interview with Coach Bobby Hammond about how the whole team hated him.

I have no problem with non-Americans trying to make a go of it in the game. One of my media co-hosts is an Argentinian kicker who came to the US in the mid 1990s and had a long career kicking in the league. There are dozens of former Aussie rules players as punters in the college game this season. But to hype it out of reality on the BBC, sorry but that is just wrong.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The NFL has money to burn. And it helps promote the game to muppets who do not understand it as part of their International project. There was a British running back in the 1990s, Victor Ebukedike who went to the Jets' training camp. He was a grade one a-hole and the Jets wound up nearly killing the guy by not blocking for him and allowing the defenders clean shots at him. Same thing happened at the 1995 Monarchs' camp when he was there. I had a great off-the-record interview with Coach Bobby Hammond about how the whole team hated him.

I have no problem with non-Americans trying to make a go of it in the game. One of my media co-hosts is an Argentinian kicker who came to the US in the mid 1990s and had a long career kicking in the league. There are dozens of former Aussie rules players as punters in the college game this season. But to hype it out of reality on the BBC, sorry but that is just wrong.
Is that not an issue with the BBC not really having the in depth knowledge and so making poorly informed articles to fill a void

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Flippin eck I have not heard that planks name for 20 odd years. I once went to the final of the British superbowl at Loftus road.
VE played for a London Team against the Birmingham Bulls. He had a massive air of arrogance around him.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Is that not an issue with the BBC not really having the in depth knowledge and so making poorly informed articles to fill a void
Let’s be right Homer, it’s not just American Football that the BBC are rammel at covering. Some of there coverage of football is embarrassing. What is even worse is some of the posts that are deleted from Have your says.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Flippin eck I have not heard that planks name for 20 odd years. I once went to the final of the British superbowl at Loftus road.
VE played for a London Team against the Birmingham Bulls. He had a massive air of arrogance around him.
He changed his name to Victor X Mohammed in 1995 and unless you started every question with that, he would not answer you. I would also like to apologise for you being at that Brit Bowl game. I was on commentary for those :cool:

Tashyboy

Visit site
He changed his name to Victor X Mohammed in 1995 and unless you started every question with that, he would not answer you. I would also like to apologise for you being at that Brit Bowl game. I was on commentary for those :cool:
😂😂😂
Birmingham Bulls sent a few ringers to the West Brom fireballs. When they edged us is an end of the season divisional game. That’s when I played for Mansfield Express. At the time we were probably the best all British team without any American collage players. 😂