Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To be honest I expected much worse than that. in the grand scheme of big stadium gigs, those are towards the lower end.

Compare that to Abba Voyage which the woman I am seeing has persuaded me to go to next week. Not even live and you are looking at over £100 for the cheapest ticket
Someone is pulling your chain with those ticket prices. We went to see it on Sunday and paid £55 each for tickets on the front row (side of the 'dance floor'). Great show with amazing visuals and a great live band. Sound was great and had a perfect view - not always guaranteed at concerts

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone is pulling your chain with those ticket prices. We went to see it on Sunday and paid £55 each for tickets on the front row (side of the 'dance floor'). Great show with amazing visuals and a great live band. Sound was great and had a perfect view - not always guaranteed at concerts

That was booked direct and just what they were going for on a Saturday at 3.00. Guess it is Surge pricing. The later show on the Saturday is going for £77 and Sunday shows are the same. The one we booked is sold out. Just sods law that the show we picked was a popular one.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That was booked direct and just what they were going for on a Saturday at 3.00. Guess it is Surge pricing. The later show on the Saturday is going for £77 and Sunday shows are the same. The one we booked is sold out. Just sods law that the show we picked was a popular one.
Make sure you wear lots of sequins to fit in :cool: 🕺💃

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest I expected much worse than that. in the grand scheme of big stadium gigs, those are towards the lower end.

Compare that to Abba Voyage which the woman I am seeing has persuaded me to go to next week. Not even live and you are looking at over £100 for the cheapest ticket
Same here. I thought they would start at £175. I signed up for the ballot, expecting myself to baulk at the price when they were announced. Now I'm not sure.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The NFL has money to burn. And it helps promote the game to muppets who do not understand it as part of their International project. There was a British running back in the 1990s, Victor Ebukedike who went to the Jets' training camp. He was a grade one a-hole and the Jets wound up nearly killing the guy by not blocking for him and allowing the defenders clean shots at him. Same thing happened at the 1995 Monarchs' camp when he was there. I had a great off-the-record interview with Coach Bobby Hammond about how the whole team hated him.

I have no problem with non-Americans trying to make a go of it in the game. One of my media co-hosts is an Argentinian kicker who came to the US in the mid 1990s and had a long career kicking in the league. There are dozens of former Aussie rules players as punters in the college game this season. But to hype it out of reality on the BBC, sorry but that is just wrong.
Although, didn't the Eagles left tackle come through it, so there might be the odd nugget amongst a sea of rubbish? As you said, the BBC will tend to make a meal of it - You, Homer & Tashy are right though that they likely don't have a scooby about it