Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
No-one will serve me cold beans so I have my breakfast at home where the beans are served straight from the fridge
My father-in-law told me it was a regular occurrence for some young chaps to eat them cold straight from the tin on a hot day in the Med on a mine-sweeper in WW2.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My father-in-law told me it was a regular occurrence for some young chaps to eat them cold straight from the tin on a hot day in the Med on a mine-sweeper in WW2.
I know I'm getting on a bit but I don't remember much about WW2.
I know it was a pretty big deal, it was in the papers and the wireless 😮

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Beans in a little pot on a full English.
Once went to Scotland for the new year and the Scottish breakfast came without beans. So I asked the owner if I bought some could he heat them up the following day. He would. So the following day us four are sharing a tin of baked beans and the Yorkshire guy on the next table asked for a full Scottish breakfast with beans. “ sorry we don’t do beans”, “ how comes they have some”. “ he bought them”. He was gutted. On our final day in the guest house the host heated up three tins of beans that guests had brought in 😝.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As you were in Scotland*, did they charge you for your beans? ;)

* Being Scottish myself, I'm allowed to ask.
I bought the beans, I am surprised they never charged for heating them. When the Yorkshire guy was told no he cannot have beans.His face was an absolute picture.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Once went to Scotland for the new year and the Scottish breakfast came without beans. So I asked the owner if I bought some could he heat them up the following day. He would. So the following day us four are sharing a tin of baked beans and the Yorkshire guy on the next table asked for a full Scottish breakfast with beans. “ sorry we don’t do beans”, “ how comes they have some”. “ he bought them”. He was gutted. On our final day in the guest house the host heated up three tins of beans that guests had brought in 😝.
😂😂😂

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I like beans. And I like eggs. But they MUST NOT BE EATEN TOGETHER. Egg and tomato doesn't mix.
(The ultimate no-no was a school friend who put ketchup in his boiled egg 🤮)

So I'm with the Scots here: breakfast with eggs should not include beans.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I like beans. And I like eggs. But they MUST NOT BE EATEN TOGETHER. Egg and tomato doesn't mix.
(The ultimate no-no was a school friend who put ketchup in his boiled egg 🤮)

So I'm with the Scots here: breakfast with eggs should not include beans.
Reminded me of this 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To the dozen or so drivers I witnessed today....putting on your indicators as you start to turn is a complete and utter waste of time and energy.
Peasants :mad:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The price of Oasis tickets - £73 seated and £150 for standing are the cheapest. And that is before Ticketmaster, etc take their booking fee and charge you to print your own ticket

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The price of Oasis tickets - £73 seated and £150 for standing are the cheapest. And that is before Ticketmaster, etc take their booking fee and charge you to print your own ticket

To be honest I expected much worse than that. in the grand scheme of big stadium gigs, those are towards the lower end.

Compare that to Abba Voyage which the woman I am seeing has persuaded me to go to next week. Not even live and you are looking at over £100 for the cheapest ticket

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They were always going to be expensive. Not only is it the nature of the beast for headline gigs these days but they know the demand is there and fans will pay whatever (up to a point I guess). Look at the price of Taylor Swift tickets as a guide. Going to a gig is expensive now when you add travel, food and drink and maybe an overnight stay. Even lesser acts are being forced to up their prices. Fish, a musician I know well and have seen numerous times is charging well north of £30 for his farewell tour but a lot of that is now being dictated by venues upping their costs which naturally gets passed down the chain to the fans.