Random Irritations

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Got an item for sale on Ebay, potential buyer messages me...
Would you take £85 plus postage? (It's on for £100 plus postage)
And hour later...are you open to offers?
I reply...sorry no offers.
2 hours later...would you take £90 plus postage?

It really should be in the gladdens thread as it made me chuckle 🤣
So will you take £90 👀

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We have an issue with parking

We have one parking spot outside so I park about 20 yards on the street , the ones on the end have two parking spots and they use them

I was parking one day in tbe same spot after picking up my daughter from holiday club and the father from the house at the end came out to me swearing his head off in front of my daughter telling me to stop parking in front of his house - unfortunately for him our neighbour who is a plod came out and politely reminded him that where I park is public highway and I’m fully entitled to park there - he was also reminded that anymore loud foul language would find himself with a public order offence

At the weekend I have found out that he has been leaving his name and number on the cars of the two girls at the other end of the street - something not right about him

Tell us how you two met? Well he left his number on my windscreen.

Swango1980

Visit site
Felon Mask and his constant braying on his interpretation of the situation in the UK
I found out yesterday there is a riot planned literally outside my house window. Mainly residential, but with a nice little retail area including a Co-Op, Salon, Tanning Studio, Boots, few restaurants, etc. Incorrectly, it was announced there was an Immigration Lawyers office on site, which there isn't. I'm playing golf after work, but dread to think what I'll be coming back to. However, I suspect I'll have to leave my car at golf club, ask for a lift back, just in case it all kicks off. Don't fancy leaving my car parked in the area.

This is definitely a random irritation of mine today, as it is not something I'd think I should ever have to be concerned about in the UK. Not since growing up in N Ireland in the 1980's anyway, and even then the riots were never completely on my doorstep.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I disagree, i agree they do have a staff shortages but that is not 100% the issue. Stamping passports takes between 10-30 seconds per person. That is a direct result of Brexit. The amount of visitors they have in peak months there are always going to be delays.

I have travelled throughout Europe with my job over the last 9months and everywhere we've been, we've had longer waiting times to get through passport control.
The British people are now treated as 2nd class citizens.
You cannot leave a club and then still expect to claim all the benefits .o_O

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found out yesterday there is a riot planned literally outside my house window. Mainly residential, but with a nice little retail area including a Co-Op, Salon, Tanning Studio, Boots, few restaurants, etc. Incorrectly, it was announced there was an Immigration Lawyers office on site, which there isn't. I'm playing golf after work, but dread to think what I'll be coming back to. However, I suspect I'll have to leave my car at golf club, ask for a lift back, just in case it all kicks off. Don't fancy leaving my car parked in the area.

This is definitely a random irritation of mine today, as it is not something I'd think I should ever have to be concerned about in the UK. Not since growing up in N Ireland in the 1980's anyway, and even then the riots were never completely on my doorstep.

I gather there’s one in Newcastle later today, it’s very close to some of the most deprived parts the city. My wife’s employer has told everyone to work from home today 😬

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I gather there’s one in Newcastle later today, it’s very close to some of the most deprived parts the city. My wife’s employer has told everyone to work from home today 😬

39 protests planned I believe and then there is another group that are planning to also attend to “protect” the offices and buildings etc

Swango1980

Visit site
39 protests planned I believe and then there is another group that are planning to also attend to “protect” the offices and buildings etc
Is that the police? :ROFLMAO:

In seriousness, yes, I gather there are counter groups organizing to go to these locations as well. I'm guessing more likely to inflame the situation rather than be the antidote.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i was planning to go into London today as i read riots are planned so decided to work at home - no real hassle as missing nothing but about time this stuff stopped and lots of charges brought

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
i was planning to go into London today as i read riots are planned so decided to work at home - no real hassle as missing nothing but about time this stuff stopped and lots of charges brought

They are certainly fast tracking charges with a fair amount already sitting behind bars for a bit now

It does stagger that these people know that there is social media now and camera phones everywhere so many are getting spotted , found and being caught - people are losing their jobs and worse being charged by the police

Have to question their thought process

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is that the police? :ROFLMAO:

In seriousness, yes, I gather there are counter groups organizing to go to these locations as well. I'm guessing more likely to inflame the situation rather than be the antidote.
Plenty of videos on social media of the other group running riot over the last two nights. Police deployed elsewhere.