Random Irritations

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think the problem that SILH has is one that will only get worse. And it is not a problem he has created. Look at new builds, 3,4,5 bed houses with car parking for one car, and at a push two. Out of how many couples does only one person work. I would have a guess that most houses are now two cars. So where do visitors park. If there is only one spot, one is on the rd. Most estates I go on now are like slalom course. It kicked off round our area a few months ago coz a guy was parking his tanker on the rd near the school.
Better planning is required for the future.
The planning should be that people should consider sharing cars. Just a thought.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The planning should be that people should consider sharing cars. Just a thought.
I think some do. But if people share cars. It tends to be they both have a car and share driving. So one car is still parked somewhere.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pigeons again

So the little 💩 were starting to build their nest behind the sat dish as they do , harmless really and the spotted them and each morning says hello to them and then when she comes back from holiday camp looks and checks the nest they have built getting really excited at the thought of chicks

This morning it looks like the nest has fallen off and it upset the daughter as she saw the pigeon then at the bottom looking at the pile of twigs

She is hoping they try again - I’m hoping he little 💩 do it on the opposite house 😂

I had doves regularly perching in the section between the LNB and the dish and blocking the signal and I glued a row of golf tees along the bar to stop that happening.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think the problem that SILH has is one that will only get worse. And it is not a problem he has created. Look at new builds, 3,4,5 bed houses with car parking for one car, and at a push two. Out of how many couples does only one person work. I would have a guess that most houses are now two cars. So where do visitors park. If there is only one spot, one is on the rd. Most estates I go on now are like slalom course. It kicked off round our area a few months ago coz a guy was parking his tanker on the rd near the school.
Family across the road from us (2 parents, 3 grown up kids) have 5 cars and a large camper van. They have 3 vehicles on the drive and 3 on the road. It’s a real pain in the backside getting in and out of our drive as a result.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes but I see a lot of people with empty driveways and the car parked on the road.
Parking like cycling has never been a priority.
Unless they can charge you for it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There is a lot of background context to my irritation that I won’t go into, however just so that the parking context is clear here’s a snap I’ve just taken…with the main road at the bottom and where main road residents look to, and generally do, park. None of the roadside parking space you see either side of our road is outside any house.

IMG_2326.jpeg

RichA

Visit site
There is a lot of background context to my irritation that I won’t go into, however just so that the parking context is clear here’s a snap I’ve just taken…with the main road at the bottom and where main road residents look to, and generally do, park. None of the roadside parking space you see either side of our road is outside any house.

View attachment 54477
Looks like there's lots of space for you all to coexist peacefully, even if you have to walk a short distance. It's the price you pay for owning a car and buying a house with nowhere to park it. It's kind of the county council to allow you to leave your cars on their road with no additional charge.
My chief irritation here would be that pedestrians of a variety of vulnerabilities are forced to walk in the road.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

View attachment 54477
Parking on the pavement is a far bigger issue than parking outside someone's house!

sunshine

Visit site
You’d think they’d recognise that they should be grateful that we in the road are understanding and accommodate their needs…they should try accommodating ours as best they can rather than deliberately wind us up by being bloody-minded.

Living in a Victorian/Edwardian street in a town location requires compromise, collaboration and acceptance. We don’t need stupidity and selfishness.

This is an all time classic post, one for the vault. The level of self awareness.

What's your next move? Why don't you get some traffic cones to reserve "your" space outside your house, or paint road markings with your name on it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looks like there's lots of space for you all to coexist peacefully, even if you have to walk a short distance. It's the price you pay for owning a car and buying a house with nowhere to park it. It's kind of the county council to allow you to leave your cars on their road with no additional charge.
My chief irritation here would be that pedestrians of a variety of vulnerabilities are forced to walk in the road.
And almost all of the time we do. Struggling to see why some can’t differentiate between ‘of necessity’ and ‘selfish convenience’. Anyway…the irritation is in no way soothed by others telling me that somehow I shouldn’t be irritated when I am, and I have very good reason to be.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is an all time classic post, one for the vault. The level of self awareness.

What's your next move? Why don't you get some traffic cones to reserve "your" space outside your house, or paint road markings with your name on it.
🤬 please don’t…

What is it about this forum…honest to god.

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
We have an issue with parking

We have one parking spot outside so I park about 20 yards on the street , the ones on the end have two parking spots and they use them

I was parking one day in tbe same spot after picking up my daughter from holiday club and the father from the house at the end came out to me swearing his head off in front of my daughter telling me to stop parking in front of his house - unfortunately for him our neighbour who is a plod came out and politely reminded him that where I park is public highway and I’m fully entitled to park there - he was also reminded that anymore loud foul language would find himself with a public order offence

At the weekend I have found out that he has been leaving his name and number on the cars of the two girls at the other end of the street - something not right with him