Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I read one was 3 years, one 30 months and another 20 months.

I've only read about 3 though, are there more that have been jailed so far?

There’s been lots of trials so far, it’s hard to keep track of them all. Some of the Rotherham Rabble were in court yesterday, think they get sentenced on the 20th August.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
They are certainly fast tracking charges with a fair amount already sitting behind bars for a bit now

It does stagger that these people know that there is social media now and camera phones everywhere so many are getting spotted , found and being caught - people are losing their jobs and worse being charged by the police

Have to question their thought process
These are the same people who will video the police when they are doing their job but never think it will happen to them. It also says a lot about the mentality of these people.
They seem to think that this comes under right to protest, which it obviously doesn't, and that the rest of the country are behind them, which they aren't.
The speed of the convictions and sentencing is impressive, and hopefully will send out strong messages to those who are considering to go out rioting and think they can just get away with it. And these are just for starters. There will be a lot more facing these convictions. Many do not understand how having a criminal conviction, especially one of this scale, will have on their future, whether that will be job prospects, loans, or whatever.
I imagine there will be a lot more masks over faces if the riots continue, but the protesters should be still be identifiable by scrapes on their knuckles caused by them dragging them on the floor as they walk. :mad:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This should really go in gladden the heart but it's a response to a number of recent posts on here about airport carnage.

I'm currently in Canada, landed in Vancouver. Visa required, clearly when a plane lands a lot of people get off at once. I braced myself for an hour to get through passport control, we were third row back on the plane.

It was an absolute breeze, a joy. Multiple, maybe 20-30, self service points. Scan your passport answer a few questions on the screen, it takes a picture. You then get a print out of the picture with some details on, too small to read without my glasses on 🥸. You walk off to a number of officers casually standing around who quickly check the print out matches your passport and off you go.

That's it, simple. It took minutes, barely a queue, long walk spread people out. Made the carnage at European airports look the embarrassment it is. Showed there is no excuse for the delays. All of those airport managers and passport bosses should take a trip there and learn how it should be done. It's possible, I've seen it in action.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Armed officers without their body camera's switched on, should carry a custodial sentence. (y)

Could that be filed under "Perverting the court of justice"?
No, not at all.

By your reckoning, everyone should have a camera permanently recording what they do and say to use whenever someone questions their actions?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I guess it’s not compulsory to have body cams on even as armed officers or do they turn them on when attending an incident?

And if that’s the case the incident escalated rapidly which may have caused an issue

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Armed officers without their body camera's switched on, should carry a custodial sentence. (y)

Could that be filed under "Perverting the court of justice"?

A police officer should face a custodial sentence for perverting the course of justice. But it doesn’t necessarily follow that not having body worn video recording amounts to perverting the course of justice.

So no, failing to activate BWV should not in itself carry a custodial sentence.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
A police officer should face a custodial sentence for perverting the course of justice. But it doesn’t necessarily follow that not having body worn video recording amounts to perverting the course of justice.

Is it compulsory for them to have it on ?

Morfeen75

Visit site
No, not at all.

By your reckoning, everyone should have a camera permanently recording what they do and say to use whenever someone questions their actions?
No. The body cameras are supplied, as standard, as part of a police officers kit. I expect every job they go to, the Camera to be switched on. The cost alone must be £1-2million, if not more, to provide such equipment.

It is in the interest of both the officer and the public for that piece of kit , of which collects vital evidence, to be used at every oppurtunnity. Armed officers more so.It should not be used selectively.

Morfeen75

Visit site

It seems we have a difference of opinion. (y)