Random Irritations

Morfeen75

Visit site
Is it compulsory for them to have it on ?
My understanding yes they do. However, where its highlighted its not been worn its at the discression of the Sarge to reprimand officers as they see fit.

If it isnt compulsory and it can be selectively used then it's not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No. The body cameras are supplied, as standard, as part of a police officers kit. I expect every job they go to, the Camera to be switched on. The cost alone must be £1-2million, if not more, to provide such equipment.

It is in the interest of both the officer and the public for that piece of kit , of which collects vital evidence, to be used at every oppurtunnity. Armed officers more so.It should not be used selectively.
Guns and truncheons are also supplied buts of kit ………

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, in what way is any of this a random irritation. You would think that policing and the social and political state of the country would be more than mere random irritations

Morfeen75

Visit site
Yes but this thread was aimed at little, random every day things that irritate people and not matters such as this that you should really create your own thread for rather than hijack this one.
Oh please. Its a forum, threads evolve where opinions differ people have the right to challenge such opinions as Billysboots did.

My irritation is the selective use of expensive vital equipment supplied to our Police force. Is that ok?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes but this thread was aimed at little, random every day things that irritate people and not matters such as this that you should really create your own thread for rather than hijack this one.
Agreed. It's taken up about five pages already, certainly warrants it's own topic.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh please. Its a forum, threads evolve where opinions differ people have the right to challenge such opinions as Billysboots did.

My irritation is the selective use of expensive vital equipment supplied to our Police force. Is that ok?

So that is an irritation, something that just niggles you a bit, not something that you feel passionately about as you clearly do and it clearly more than irritates you. Not unreasonable to suggest you simply create a thread where your debate can be fully aired.

Morfeen75

Visit site
So that is an irritation, something that just niggles you a bit, not something that you feel passionately about as you clearly do and it clearly more than irritates you. Not unreasonable to suggest you simply create a thread where your debate can be fully aired.
No, its still only an irritation. I wont lose any sleep over it nor will i start a petition or a thread. However, when my irritation is challenged, its not unreasonable for me to respond?

Now if challenging irritations were to be banned, i'd be in agreement of that and you wouldn't be so upset. Win Win.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, its still only an irritation. I wont lose any sleep over it nor will i start a petition or a thread. However, when my irritation is challenged, its not unreasonable for me to respond?

Now if challenging irritations were to be banned, i'd be in agreement of that and you wouldn't be so upset. Win Win.

To be fair I have suggested that before simply due to the fact that nobody else can say what irritates someone else or whether the irritation is rational or even fair. This thread is for exactly those things.

RichA

Visit site
Hardly a matter of national importance so I'm reluctant to post, but it irritates me that my BMW's boot keeps randomly auto-closing on my head when I'm fiddling about with stuff inside it. I know what causes it but it's still irritating.
But enough about me - carry on with the socio-political stuff.

Morfeen75

Visit site
To be fair I have suggested that before simply due to the fact that nobody else can say what irritates someone else or whether the irritation is rational or even fair. This thread is for exactly those things.
Is it really though? If this thread was for personal irritations it would just be pages of mainly 1 liners

Hayfever
Police
Co-op
Kier Starmer
Etc
Etc

None of it would make sense. Then you have the inquisitive folk who are wondering why?

Leave the threads to direct themselves(unless 1,they divert heavilly Off Topic Or 2, they are against forum rules) because usually they revert back to topic sooner.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hardly a matter of national importance so I'm reluctant to post, but it irritates me that my BMW's boot keeps randomly auto-closing on my head when I'm fiddling about with stuff inside it. I know what causes it but it's still irritating.
But enough about me - carry on with the socio-political stuff.

Mine kept getting stuck half way or not open at all....£821 to fix 😳