Random Irritations

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The new design on bottles of Sainsbury's golden syrup. The (supposed) non drip lid has obviously been changed for cheaper materials and now continues to drip after you stop squeezing. Sticky bottle, hands and cupboard now the result 🤬😡
still probably beats the useless tins where you can't help but coat the kitchen in the stuff!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
still probably beats the useless tins where you can't help but coat the kitchen in the stuff!

Getting syrup out the tin with a knife without making a mess is a life skill that every child should be taught before they reach double digits (y)
(jeez they even did it on the space shuttle)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I’ve been arguing for years that anyone convicted of assaulting a police officer should receive an immediate custodial sentence with the minimum being 12 months. Sadly the judicial system does not protect those who seek to protect us.
On this, a question to all, but especially those attacking the police.
If the officer hadn't reacted way he did, and they were able to detain the assailant with reasonable force, would the world, his wife and their dog be up in arms about the brutal attack on the officers? Or would some be cheering at it happening, or be saying "that's what they're paid for"?
Police officers get brutally attacked on a daily basis. Often by cowards in groups. These don't get reported and often the assailants get ludicrously light sentences.
Do people think that because they are Police it doesn't count?
Our emergency workers (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Hospital staff, etc.) need far better protection by the judicial system to make people think twice before they carry out these attacks. If they knew they would get a heavy prison sentence and/or an immense fine then maybe they would consider their actions more.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I agree but I also find the comments saying as he attacked the police then he got what he deserved a little disturbing. As where do you draw the line?
As I say, I don't condone it, but I do understand it. I was not there, I had not seen two of my colleagues brutally attacked by the same person. I had not been cowardly rabbit punched from behind. At the end of the day, Police are human, as we all are. They are trained to control their behaviour but we all reach a moment when we snap.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Our emergency workers (Police, Fire, Ambulance, Hospital staff, etc.) need far better protection by the judicial system to make people think twice before they carry out these attacks. If they knew they would get a heavy prison sentence and/or an immense fine then maybe they would consider their actions more.
The problem with handing out heavy prison sentences is that we're already short of prison places.

Perhaps some other deterrent is required. Public flogging, maybe?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If the officer hadn't reacted way he did, and they were able to detain the assailant with reasonable force, would the world, his wife and their dog be up in arms about the brutal attack on the officers? Or would some be cheering at it happening, or be saying "that's what they're paid for"?
Police officers get brutally attacked on a daily basis. Often by cowards in groups. These don't get reported and often the assailants get ludicrously light sentences.

I was once awarded a paltry sum in compensation having been assaulted on duty. To add insult to (an actual) injury, the defendant was allowed to pay in instalments.

I received multiple cheques over about 18 months, the largest being for, I kid you not, 37p. I made a point of paying every last one in.

A decent justice system which supported the emergency services would have paid me out in one sum, and then received the multiple cheques itself.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Because of the attack on the police beforehand if ( imo ) they just handcuffed him after he was tazered the public would have applauded their actions in apprehending very violent attackers

Everyone should be safe going about their daily lives without fear of being attacked whether that’s someone in the emergency services or mr smith on his wage to the stock exchange etc

It must very very tough for them to not snap and show restraint in all situations and at times it is understandable if they do snap - but they still need to ensure they themselves are within the law they uphold

There are lots of things that do need sorting within the justice system when it comes to punishments and maybe there does need to be stronger punishments for assaulting service workers

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In a way I work on the principle that if you go in with fists and everything else flying then you're open season for whatever comes back at you......
Some of us have managed more than 60 years without getting into trouble with the police, let alone violent with them.
It ain't compulsory

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My 18-month-old has started sleeping in past 8am yesterday and today! Of course I should be happy about this, but we needed to be up and out by 8am on both days and I don't have the heart to wake her up. 😄 Typically, I expect her to be up at 6am sharp the next time we have no morning plans.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got another one actually (anything that isn't about police kicking folk in the head or kids being murdered right?).

Last night I got a call from a mobile number, that the last six digits were the same as my number. It was weird. I didn't answer it obviously in case it was a scam. Is that a scam anyone's heard about? Very odd.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry that makes no sense whatsoever. The guy had stopped as he was on the floor.
He turned his head to look at the police. He being on the floor does not mean he had stopped. Also the fracas never stopped. The police officer also has to use his pepper spray a little later as folk had still not finished.
Aside from that there is a major problem with violence and anti social behaviour. Google fight at Dovedale stepping stones from yesterday. What is that all about.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He turned his head to look at the police. He being on the floor does not mean he had stopped. Also the fracas never stopped. The police officer also has to use his pepper spray a little later as folk had still not finished.
Aside from that there is a major problem with violence and anti social behaviour. Google fight at Dovedale stepping stones from yesterday. What is that all about.
There was a programme on C5 last night - police suspect #1 which followed the police dealing with a fight in a pub in Grimsby. The actions of the main offender and especially the crowd to towards the two offenders was shocking. Even at the end the sentences seemed hardly fitting

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Id hate to think that this incident will put families off taking their kids to these sort of groups. Mine loved the holiday clubs and stuff and I applaud the people who give up their time to make them happen. As for the second part , what can you really do?

She is only 7 , not sure how I could explain to her why Im not letting her go and she still wouldn’t be able to understand as her friends are going