Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If only they were given some sort of clue as to when the flights would arrive so that they could staff accordingly. Something like an arrivals schedule........🙄
They have all the information. All we need to do is look on "Flight radar"

It shows where all the flights are and ETA for almost every plane at almost every Airport

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have all the information. All we need to do is look on "Flight radar"

It shows where all the flights are and ETA for almost every plane at almost every Airport
Apologies, you missed the heavy sense of sarcasm in my post. They know exactly the peaks and troughs of the day in advance, every day, and could handle accordingly. They decide not to, that's poor management.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Apologies, you missed the heavy sense of sarcasm in my post. They know exactly the peaks and troughs of the day in advance, every day, and could handle accordingly. They decide not to, that's poor management.
They probably think it is good management. Why employ more staff when you can even out the peaks into the troughs by making the passengers wait.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Standard of driving , level of impatience and arrogance on display is off the charts.

Followed a car home. We both go through the lights, learner the other side..he instantly goes round it.. haven't seen this learner today so just oh I need to be faster than it.

Then the learner is actually going slow..oh well just wait.. car behind overtakes me then tries to go past the learner , on a blind bend. Car comes over way luckily it brakes in time. Car behind shouts at it? Erm you were on its side of the road. Then overtakes the learner. Puts hazards on and waves as if to say sorry.

So off those two morons go.. learner doing 20 in a 30. Sure enough next set of lights there both moron number 1 and 2 are.

Beggars belief. That poor learner, way to build confidence

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They probably think it is good management. Why employ more staff when you can even out the peaks into the troughs by making the passengers wait.
Ultimately I don't think they care and until numbers really do drop they won't do anything about it. I've experienced bad situations at two airports now, Barcelona and Munich, @rudebhoy is quoting Faro. It's awful for the passengers but it doesn't look like it's going to improve so we will just have to add it to the stresses of holiday travel unfortunately 😕

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm a believer that we all have a right to use the road in or on whatever mode of transport we care to use....as long as we follow the rules and take appropriate responsibility...
On the way to the club this morning I approached a roundabout..
Good vision to the right, nothing there so I kept going.....
Until something caught my eye....
Emerging from the shadows was a MAMIL......riding a black bike, wearing black shoes, socks, shorts, top and helmet.
Black against the black shadow of a bush with very dark leaves....
I saw him and slowed to give way....many wouldn't have seen him....
No bright clothing, flashing lights or anything else to make himself visible......
Appropriate responsibility.....be seen.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ultimately I don't think they care and until numbers really do drop they won't do anything about it. I've experienced bad situations at two airports now, Barcelona and Munich, @rudebhoy is quoting Faro. It's awful for the passengers but it doesn't look like it's going to improve so we will just have to add it to the stresses of holiday travel unfortunately 😕

Alicante is no better. U.K. citizens are now classed as 3rd country citizens, and are subject to the checks that all 3rd country citizens are subject to. Think the new visa system comes in in Q1 next year.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Faro Airport.

Took 90 minutes to get through passport control last Sunday. Absolute chaos. Very few staff around and only 3 desks open. While the length of time it took was irritating, what was worse was the potential for a very serious accident.

The route from the plane to PPC involves you going up two flights of marble stairs and back down another two flights. All the stairs were completely packed with people shuffling at a snails pace. Add to this the usual idiots trying to jump the queue, as well as those with EU passports trying to get through to their own dedicated desks. All it needed was for someone to trip over or pass out, and there would have been carnage.

When we finally got through, I told the Jet2 rep how bad it had been and she said it’s always like that at particular times at weekends. Looking on the Faro trip advisor forum, there are loads of complaints about this. Some reporting waits of 3 to 4 hours.

When we got on the flight, I was surprised to see quite a few empty seats on the first weekend of the school holidays. It was the same coming back yesterday. I wonder if some people are voting with their feet and avoiding Faro because of this issue.

It’s a real shame as we had a great holiday, but I’d think twice in the future about flying there again.
There were similar stories before I went in April. We were lucky, getting pretty much straight through both ways. At that time people were saying they had staffing issues. Nothing to do with brexit!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
After reading this thread I did the same, it’s a bit of a faff but do-able. Found the app slow and clunky so turned back to the Beeb 😂

I signed up. It didn't work. Frustrating chat on Amazon and got it working. I do like proper TV though :)

I'll rely on the BBC/Eurosport for evening coverage as they'll cover what I want to see (GB athletes) but for during the day it'll be the app.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm a believer that we all have a right to use the road in or on whatever mode of transport we care to use....as long as we follow the rules and take appropriate responsibility...
On the way to the club this morning I approached a roundabout..
Good vision to the right, nothing there so I kept going.....
Until something caught my eye....
Emerging from the shadows was a MAMIL......riding a black bike, wearing black shoes, socks, shorts, top and helmet.
Black against the black shadow of a bush with very dark leaves....
I saw him and slowed to give way....many wouldn't have seen him....
No bright clothing, flashing lights or anything else to make himself visible......
Appropriate responsibility.....be seen.
Every day is a school day on here. 👍

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I signed up. It didn't work. Frustrating chat on Amazon and got it working. I do like proper TV though :)

I'll rely on the BBC/Eurosport for evening coverage as they'll cover what I want to see (GB athletes) but for during the day it'll be the app.
Give it another go when you get your Sky Q, it’s a streaming service though so might depend on your Broadband speed, ours is by Sky and it’s average at best.

After trying to watch a few different sports it became obvious the BBC were showing the most relevant sports for us so we switched back.

Will give it another go when the games get going a bit more.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Give it another go when you get your Sky Q, it’s a streaming service though so might depend on your Broadband speed, ours is by Sky and it’s average at best.

After trying to watch a few different sports it became obvious the BBC were showing the most relevant sports for us so we switched back.

Will give it another go when the games get going a bit more.

Sounds a plan. I actually hate switching from TV to apps/streaming. Call me old fashioned. I'm a serial channel surfer and prefer it all in one place. I have just registered on the official Paris 2024 website so I can "bookmark" the events I definitely want to watch and refer to that in conjunction with the BBC/Eurosport/Discovery.

hambugerpete

Visit site
Just watched the video, smacks the 2 Policewomen, lands at least 1 kick and about 5-6 punches on the Policeman, then the Policeman tazers him and kicks his head when he lifts it.

Absolutely deserved everything he got, he attacked the Policeman from behind punching him in the head and didn’t care what damage he was doing.

In total that Copper took about 10 punches and still managed to control both scumbags, I for one don’t believe he overreacted, he did what was needed to subdue both scumbags and protect his colleagues.👏👏👏👏
Watched it as well, certainly was a lost going on , but it doesn't show the officers actions in any new light.