Random Irritations

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The term that was always driven into us military types was ‘reasonable force’ - not sure extreme force is ever justified

Yep - exactly that use reasonable force deemed necessary

It’s a shame that I suspect one moment of red mist could potentially cause so much damage , just thankful that people weren’t seriously hurt

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Manchester airport CCTV has been ‘published’ by the Manchester Evening News, and you can source it on YouTube.

The Police Officer who delivered the kick & stamp had already been given a thumping by two different assailants. The guy in the blue shirt, who was kicked and stamped, had already put two WPC’s on their backs and then started into the PC who, ultimately, delivered the kick and the stamp.

As much as I think the kick and stamp were excessive, as the guy was face down after being tazered, they were totally understandable.

For me, the prosecution of the PC is not in the public interest and I would expect the PC to get a huge amount of support when the full footage is viewed. However, I’d be reluctant to see him retain his fire arms accreditation, bearing in mind he did (understandably) lose it.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Manchester airport CCTV has been ‘published’ by the Manchester Evening News, and you can source it on YouTube.

The Police Officer who delivered the kick & stamp had already been given a thumping by two different assailants. The guy in the blue shirt, who was kicked and stamped, had already put two WPC’s on their backs and then started into the PC who, ultimately, delivered the kick and the stamp.

As much as I think the kick and stamp were excessive, as the guy was face down after being tazered, they were totally understandable.

For me, the prosecution of the PC is not in the public interest and I would expect the PC to get a huge amount of support when the full footage is viewed. However, I’d be reluctant to see him retain his fire arms accreditation, bearing in mind he did (understandably) lose it.

From seeing the video

All three should be charged

The two guys for assaulting the police

And the policeman for losing it and also commuting assault to the man they just tazered and who was prone on the floor

The two men are far from the innocent victims that were portrayed but the copper still lost it on the guy

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
From seeing the video

All three should be charged

The two guys for assaulting the police

And the policeman for losing it and also commuting assault to the man they just tazered and who was prone on the floor

The two men are far from the innocent victims that were portrayed but the copper still lost it on the guy

But do you want Police Officers pausing, second guessing themselves, in the middle of a fast moving situation? The kick was a bit much, and the stamp was going way too far, but…

I’m not saying you’re wrong in the abstract but I’d worry what message it would send to Police Officers.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
But do you want Police Officers pausing, second guessing themselves, in the middle of a fast moving situation? The kick was a bit much, and the stamp was going way too far, but…

I’m not saying you’re wrong in the abstract but I’d worry what message it would send to Police Officers.

The message it would send is that they can’t be above the law in any situation , it’s what they are trained for even more so armed police

The other video has shown the situation got to where it did and I hope the two guys get a long stretch because they aren’t the innocent party by any means

If the situation had stopped after the guy was tazered and down then it would have been all good for the coppers

It’s not a great situation all round and it looked like it got out of hand very quickly

Alan Clifford

Visit site

It's rather like training the army to kill people then objecting to them killing people.

RichA

Visit site
The message it would send is that they can’t be above the law in any situation , it’s what they are trained for even more so armed police

The other video has shown the situation got to where it did and I hope the two guys get a long stretch because they aren’t the innocent party by any means

If the situation had stopped after the guy was tazered and down then it would have been all good for the coppers

It’s not a great situation all round and it looked like it got out of hand very quickly
I'm not entirely certain that their training involves taking 10 punches to the face and head in the space of 20 seconds then testing their ability to make rational thoughtful decisions.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I was ready to damn the cop. The addition of a little context and removal of clever cropping makes a hell of a difference to anyone willing to view it with a little objectivity. It's right that it should be independently investigated but the guy can't have been thinking rationally after that beating.
But anybody slanting any aspect of this awful episode to further any political agenda deserves to be moderately corrected.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not entirely certain that their training involves taking 10 punches to the face and head in the space of 20 seconds then testing their ability to make rational thoughtful decisions.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I was ready to damn the cop. The addition of a little context and removal of clever cropping makes a hell of a difference to anyone willing to view it with a little objectivity. It's right that it should be independently investigated but the guy can't have been thinking rationally after that beating.
But anybody slanting any aspect of this awful episode to further any political agenda deserves to be moderately corrected.
When you see the punch the female officer took, and none of the women there go to her aid when she's on her back.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched it. Throw the book at the violent thugs BUT the guy was clearly tasered and rigid, the officer did take a few seconds and then kicked him. I still call that as not what I'd expect from a policeman in this country. Certainly not one trusted with a firearm.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Personal view, BASED ONLY ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN, is that it would appear very difficult to justify that the degree of force used was reasonable. BUT, and it’s still a huge issue here, a key consideration is the officer’s mindset. He is the one who has to justify the degree of force used. Nobody else. Whether he can do that remains to be seen.

The decision regarding whether he should be prosecuted is, thankfully, someone else’s. But I’ll say here and now that, in the event he does face a Court, potential custodial sentence and the loss of his future, because that is what is at stake here, then I have enormous sympathy for him.

A police officer he may be. A robot he is not. And anyone who blithely tells you that police officers are trained to make totally rational decisions in the face of what those bobbies faced has quite clearly never been there.

I have. And life is nowhere near that simple.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A very good post and for context. There is a new video doing the rounds which looks like CCTV footage. It has not been edited.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Personal view, BASED ONLY ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN, is that it would appear very difficult to justify that the degree of force used was reasonable. BUT, and it’s still a huge issue here, a key consideration is the officer’s mindset. He is the one who has to justify the degree of force used. Nobody else. Whether he can do that remains to be seen.

The decision regarding whether he should be prosecuted is, thankfully, someone else’s. But I’ll say here and now that, in the event he does face a Court, potential custodial sentence and the loss of his future, because that is what is at stake here, then I have enormous sympathy for him.

A police officer he may be. A robot he is not. And anyone who blithely tells you that police officers are trained to make totally rational decisions in the face of what those bobbies faced has quite clearly never been there.

He has to justify the amount of force used. When you see the unedited clip. The idiots who received a kicking did not give two hoots about hitting people from behind.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

The one thing hopefully the latest video will show to people is that the two perpetrators are not the innocent family man that a lawyer was trying to paint and it was their actions that escalated the situation.

Hopefully should see a stop to the demos or protests being seen now because those two , especially the one in the light blue have shown themselves to be thugs

As I said earlier I’m just glad that no one was seriously hurt

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have. And life is nowhere near th

He has to justify the amount of force used. When you see the unedited clip. The idiots who received a kicking did not give two hoots about hitting people from behind.
The idiots who edited the footage should be brought to account.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one thing hopefully the latest video will show to people is that the two perpetrators are not the innocent family man that a lawyer was trying to paint and it was their actions that escalated the situation.

Hopefully should see a stop to the demos or protests being seen now because those two , especially the one in the light blue have shown themselves to be thugs

As I said earlier I’m just glad that no one was seriously hurt
But it didn't stop you condemning the police straight away long before the contest of there actions were brought out.